Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I have this really extrordinary 40's Grais biker jacket for sale in the classified.
40's Grais-1.JPG
40's Grais-2.JPG
40's Grais-1.JPG
40's Grais-2.JPG
40's Grais-7.JPG

Mysteryo

One Too Many
That Grais is tops. Mysterio, you only gonna keep the D-pockets? ;)
This jacket is just too small for me, I'm never gonna fit in it :-(
If I did, i'd never sell this extraordinary jacket: true 40's, thick period horsehide; this amazing passenger pocket at the back, very v-shaped, really a beautifull piece of history, in a very good condition.
Please excuse me for spreading this info in this tread... But it's worth the look

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
chest pockets have piping on their lips/ flaps, for the sleeve zips it is just multiple leather folds against the thin goat shown through overtime.

hehe thanks man, so happy this one is back after over a month away.:D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
:)oo I just knew, aeroplane can be dismantled by coin as screwdriver :D

I washed my jacket yesterday, let it hang dry overnight, and today I wore it half wet over a cotton sweatshirt on motorcycle, and after lunch I inspected the result, :eek:I guess I recorded 5x more character than almost a year wearing it prior washing... I'm very happy with the sleeve and how the new sleeve connection has progressed so far after recording new creases around it
5whvLsV.jpg
x91stEy.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
:)oo I just knew, aeroplane can be dismantled by coin as screwdriver :D

I washed my jacket yesterday, let it hang dry overnight, and today I wore it half wet over a cotton sweatshirt on motorcycle, and after lunch I inspected the result, :eek:I guess I recorded 5x more character than almost a year wearing it prior washing... I'm very happy with the sleeve and how the new sleeve connection has progressed so far after recording new creases around it
5whvLsV.jpg
x91stEy.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
That is a cool looking jacket navetsea. Did you also design this one? With that minimalist collar, the sleeve creases, the chest pockets, and the zipper ending four inches above the hem, I have a feeling Monitor's gonna like it too!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
oo yes, thanks BobJ
those sleeve creases are NEW to me... for a year I've been trying my best wearing it even when sleeping but only after this second washing (with soft detergent) cold in washing machine for a full short cycle 30 minutes, finally finally the goathide willing to record creases just after halfday from damp to dry earlier today... so I hope it would stay :) creased, now it is 90% dry and I hang it back on a hanger outside to dry naturally again overnight.

the first washing was without detergent, and I took it out only after 10 mins, result was there but not as visible as this second washing + soft/mild liquid detergent for dark clothes.

hehe I believe Monitor liked it but perhaps he would like it better if it has full action back, collar tab on one side, and front facing sleeve zipper:D,
I do hope he finally finds leathershop over there where he can have his jacket design he showed me to be made too.

Last edited:
O_O

I didn't even recognize it at first! That's a serious transformation, for the better. Did the jacket shrink? Stiffen? Would really love to see some fit photos, how it looks worn now.

Also, you wore a wet leather jacket on a motorcycle? Don't people get like eleven different long lasting health conditions from doing that? Don't do that, man. My friends girlfriend is convinced that wearing a wet face mask while riding gave her facial nerve paralysis.

And BobJ I'm that transparent, huh? XD Monitor always did love this jacket and now more than ever.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
no it didn't shrink or expand, thank God :)
hmm perhaps stiffen a bit, before it felt like damp chamois cloth you use to dry up wet car or kitchen sink... very soft pliable springy, not taking any creases at all, now it is more interesting still soft but perhaps stiffer than before.

hehe I'm living in tropical climate man :D it was 31C today and it was worth the health risk to come to that result.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
no it didn't shrink or expand, thank God :)
hmm perhaps stiffen a bit, before it felt like damp chamois cloth you use to dry up wet car or kitchen sink... very soft pliable springy, not taking any creases at all, now it is more interesting still soft but perhaps stiffer than before.

hehe I'm living in tropical climate man :D it was 31C today and it was worth the health risk to come to that result.
That's the spirit!

BobJ

Practically Family
@ Monitor "And BobJ I'm that transparent, huh? XD"

Nay friend, you're as solid as they come. You're just open, honest, and have discovered the outer that harmonizes with your inner.

I sometimes wonder what our choice of jackets says about us as individuals - Café, Teamster, A-2, Perfecto, Halfbelt, horse, goat, cow, buffalo, heavy, light, black, brown, classic, modern, new, used, vintage, one, several, keeper, flipper, and even identifying with the reputations and connotations that different makers have.

Me - I feel best in a jacket who's roots go back to a simpler era when times were tough and people were good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82