Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Spiegel

VideoCapture_20231026-113158.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
First snow this season in Lithuania today. Temp hovering around freezing.
Testing out the limits of layering with my new Aero Hooch Hauler.
3 layer setup (long sleeve mesh + long sleeve thermal + long neck wool sweater) feel snug but quite ok.
Probably that's as far as I would go with this jacket.
These pictures also remind me how I was worried that this style might not work too well with my favorite hat. The worries are gone - they look fine together as far as I can tell.
View attachment 555246
View attachment 555247
That’s a great look all around, Wolf.
You are owning it.
Favorite hats are great, but if you wanted to up your hat game to equal that excellent jacket you could bring that favorite hat over to the hat threads.
You might be surprised what a vintage western can do with a fine leather.
Lithuania needs a hat guy too.
Again, great look.
B

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I agree. I wish I had the cojones to wear a cowboy hat with a feather no less and own it. Great job, @TartuWolf.
That’s a great look all around, Wolf.
You are owning it.
Favorite hats are great, but if you wanted to up your hat game to equal that excellent jacket you could bring that favorite hat over to the hat threads.
You might be surprised what a vintage western can do with a fine leather.
Lithuania needs a hat guy too.
Again, great look.
B

Nacho

Practically Family
First snow this season in Lithuania today. Temp hovering around freezing.
Testing out the limits of layering with my new Aero Hooch Hauler.
3 layer setup (long sleeve mesh + long sleeve thermal + long neck wool sweater) feel snug but quite ok.
Probably that's as far as I would go with this jacket.
These pictures also remind me how I was worried that this style might not work too well with my favorite hat. The worries are gone - they look fine together as far as I can tell.
View attachment 555246
View attachment 555247

Yeehaw!!!

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Nah, @Leather Walker is the original Cal bro. He just does not post fit pics too often. I am just trying to learn from the best.
Thank you, Will! But with the joy you spread wearing your jackets, I can do nothing but learn. One of my intentions, now that the cold weather is starting here, is to do like you, guys: share more pics. Here, from the past year, wearing one of my beloved Cals.
1636314664237b.png

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
this page took forever and several refreshes to properly load, but worth the wait, great jackets outfit and enviable season everyone, I hope in my part of the world we would soon pass these long 35C dry hot days, please australia stop blowing desert air our way.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Spiegel

Super Spiegel and substantial looking, T.
Did Cal Sportswear make those for Spiegel??
B

C'mon @tmitchell59, tell. You said you had a theory who made those 1950s Spiegels. They are rare as hen's teeth, substantial, and all around great jackets. Horsehide, too, but the horsehide tag was tiny and fell off first in most of them.
All the MC jackets from the early 50s were superb! Check out the Windward just above. Everything was top stuff, so hard to say one is better. Even with fit, some wear better on others.

The Spiegels just have something special about them. It is the fit plus the quality of the leather.

I know they are not made by California Sportswear. Like any theory it is a thought in search of the truth. It probably only matters to me.

The Truth of a jacket is in the handling not the label. These just handle like few others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld