Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

semolina_pilchard

A-List Customer
No label 40s half belt

IMG_8291.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Here's one I am actually starting to get to know. Zip-sleeve Cordovan Highwayman in super-heavy Steerhide! I was surprised when I saw this on ebay and took a chance on it, there could be a shade more torso length, but overall as I breaks in I think it will be fine. Shipping weight on this was ~ 10.5 lbs, so it's a great way to do some weight training while walking.

View attachment 513362

View attachment 513361
So ... an update on this "super heavy" Steerhide Aero zip-sleeve HWM. The smell of mildew was simply awful in this jacket. I tried quite a few days of airing it in my three-season room, widows open of course, with a fan blowing up over the jacket at a medium speed. Still bad even after 5-6 days of this. Asked a local dry cleaners what they could do - ~ $85-100 and no guarantee that the smell would be gone. And a month lead time. Finally reached out to the seller via ebay, and after a week or so of delay, they agreed to take the jacket back. They did indicate they "smelled something other than leather" but did not disclose it.

Really too bad, this leather is special on this jacket, and the simple black cotton drilling lining fits this zip-sleeve cordovan really well. I just have to wonder where the first owner stored this jacket for all those years? It showed very little break-in, so it must have mostly just sat on a hanger in a damp garage or basement. It's headed back to the seller, but if anyone is after something like this and willing to take on the odor issue, I suspect it will be on ebay soon, at a pretty reasonable price.

On edit - here are four photos of this, just to show you how really beautiful this jacket was/is. I really did try and get it sorted out, but it's just really smelly.

Highwayman_01.JPG Highwayman_02.JPG Highwayman_03.JPG Highwayman_04.JPG

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
So ... an update on this "super heavy" Steerhide Aero zip-sleeve HWM. The smell of mildew was simply awful in this jacket. I tried quite a few days of airing it in my three-season room, widows open of course, with a fan blowing up over the jacket at a medium speed. Still bad even after 5-6 days of this. Asked a local dry cleaners what they could do - ~ $85-100 and no guarantee that the smell would be gone. And a month lead time. Finally reached out to the seller via ebay, and after a week or so of delay, they agreed to take the jacket back. They did indicate they "smelled something other than leather" but did not disclose it.

Really too bad, this leather is special on this jacket, and the simple black cotton drilling lining fits this zip-sleeve cordovan really well. I just have to wonder where the first owner stored this jacket for all those years? It showed very little break-in, so it must have mostly just sat on a hanger in a damp garage or basement. It's headed back to the seller, but if anyone is after something like this and willing to take on the odor issue, I suspect it will be on ebay soon, at a pretty reasonable price.

On edit - here are four photos of this, just to show you how really beautiful this jacket was/is. I really did try and get it sorted out, but it's just really smelly.

View attachment 516859 View attachment 516860 View attachment 516861 View attachment 516862
This sucker was probably worth investing in an ozone generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe