Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I'm relatively certain the mill that made this particular fabric is long out of business, but similar fabrics could be found. I think this wool might be something like 25 or 28 oz/yd and it might be a bit heavy for lining. I wouldn't use it in the sleeves as it is a bit grabby, but for the body something similar would be great in my mind. I would look for something in the 18 to 21 oz area maybe.

This one is sold out, but would it or something similar be what you are thinking about?
https://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/p211877_redblack-tartan-plaid-wool-coating
Many thanks for the link.That is an attractive design.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Peter - I see you are in the UK. Ebay UK has some really nice wool fabric listings most of the time. Search for wool coatings and you should turn up something you like in no time.

Michael

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Couple of days ago in my SF hotel room -- Rogue Territory waxed canvas, blanket lined Supply Jacket:

Rogue%20Territory%20Supply%20013_zps8jgbpoc5.jpg

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Peter - I see you are in the UK. Ebay UK has some really nice wool fabric listings most of the time. Search for wool coatings and you should turn up something you like in no time.

Michael
Thanks Michael
I tried several searches and found many pages under check wool fabric so will browse these.I am also smitten by the jacket worn by Adam Goldberg in A Beautiful Mind so may look for a heavier weight fabric in order to re-create one of these using a donor jacket

Attachments

• Adam Goldberg-A Beautiful Mind.jpeg
    Adam Goldberg-A Beautiful Mind.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 194

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Michael
I tried several searches and found many pages under check wool fabric so will browse these.I am also smitten by the jacket worn by Adam Goldberg in A Beautiful Mind so may look for a heavier weight fabric in order to re-create one of these using a donor jacket
Damn you man for reminding me of that jacket. I remember studying screen shots for a long time trying to figure it out. I may have to see if I can get the dvd again and watch it on my 4K tv. Maybe more details will be evident. I seem to recall all the original models of that construction were showing up for sale in Japan with very high price tags. Hmm, I may start thinking about making one of these too. I do have enough donor leather around that I could probably find something.

Michael

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Damn you man for reminding me of that jacket. I remember studying screen shots for a long time trying to figure it out. I may have to see if I can get the dvd again and watch it on my 4K tv. Maybe more details will be evident. I seem to recall all the original models of that construction were showing up for sale in Japan with very high price tags. Hmm, I may start thinking about making one of these too. I do have enough donor leather around that I could probably find something.

Michael
This may help us both!

Attachments

• Screenshot2.jpeg
    Screenshot2.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 182

TPD166

One Too Many
For this 40 degree morning, it's my $99, much-modified, Landings Leather "A-1" jacket. I previously had all the buttons changed to "horn" and last week had all the knits changed to A-2/G-1 wool replacements. While hardly the best jacket in my closet, it is one of the most comfortable (very lightweight - like wearing a sweater) and has become a favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe