Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hh121

Banned
5star
8E9EB98F-6D9E-44E3-8126-26D3F07E943C.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
Round 1 results...
Aero:1
Snow:0
Back: f’d
Some serious heavy ass wet snow. Widow maker brand snow. I’ll be cruising Home Depot in the spring for a blower.
View attachment 305853 View attachment 305854 View attachment 305855
That’s why I’ve got two blowers!! Ha. No but I really do. I have a big huge one for that widow maker snow. Then I have a small “pup” as it’s called for everything else. Growing up in Buffalo I’m used to snow. And sometimes snow 7 feet tall. I used to actually love shoveling for the exercise. But I’ve recently had a back injury I’ve been dealing with since September. PT and Chiro. I’m actually thankful it’s just a back issue. There was as part of the issue a pinched nerve that was causing bladder issues and I had run the gamut of super uncomfortable, painful, and awkward exams of the urology nature just to find out I endured it all, spent all the money and delayed therapy to find out it was a back issue. So having said all that, this tough seasoned veteran of Buffalo winters is now a wimp and all about snow blowers!

That’s why I’ve got two blowers!! Ha. No but I really do. I have a big huge one for that widow maker snow. Then I have a small “pup” as it’s called for everything else. Growing up in Buffalo I’m used to snow. And sometimes snow 7 feet tall. I used to actually love shoveling for the exercise. But I’ve recently had a back injury I’ve been dealing with since September. PT and Chiro. I’m actually thankful it’s just a back issue. There was as part of the issue a pinched nerve that was causing bladder issues and I had run the gamut of super uncomfortable, painful, and awkward exams of the urology nature just to find out I endured it all, spent all the money and delayed therapy to find out it was a back issue. So having said all that, this tough seasoned veteran of Buffalo winters is now a wimp and all about snow blowers!
Dude Buffalo is no joke when it comes to snow. Yeah I make fun of my neighbors with blowers now ( not today mind you) but we’ve had a string of fairly light winters around here. If I were in Buffalo I might have a riding unit, like a kubota:
58D23D5A-4C59-42E0-97EE-2B310E1C2692.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
Dude Buffalo is no joke when it comes to snow. Yeah I make fun of my neighbors with blowers now ( not today mind you) but we’ve had a string of fairly light winters around here. If I were in Buffalo I might have a riding unit, like a kubota:
View attachment 305948
It’s funny when I say 7 feet a lot of my European friends think it’s a joke. Hell a lot of Americans do even ha. Chicago gets some snow from time to time. But just in my lifetime let’s see 9th or 10th grade day before we got thanksgiving break....we got let out of school early cause of snow. When I left (I lived about a half mile from the school so I could walk home) it was up to my waist. My father was working midnights so was in bed. I remember waking him up saying I think somethings up, he laughed and said whatever. When he got up for work that night which got cancelled of course it legitimately was 7 and a half feet. Took about 2 days to dig out. And after digging out the piles around the driveways were 12-15 feet high. Then one time in October I was maybe 20...it snowed about a foot which for Buffalo is nothing, but not that early. Nothing was winterized including nature itself. I remember watching what looked like fireworks all night. It was power lines and generators exploding. My apartment didn’t have power for a week, went back to my parents at night to stay warm. Then I don’t know maybe 2014 another storm that dropped 7 feet. But it was a tiny thin area that got dropped. If you drove a mile north they got 2 inches.

Last edited:
It’s funny when I say 7 feet a lot of my European friends think it’s a joke. Hell a lot of Americans do even ha. Chicago gets some snow from time to time. But just in my lifetime let’s see 9th or 10th grade day before we got thanksgiving break....we got let out of school early cause of snow. When I left (I lived about a half mile from the school so I could walk home) it was up to my waist. My father was working midnights so was in bed. I remember waking him up saying I think somethings up, he laughed and said whatever. When he got up for work that night which got cancelled of course it legitimately was 7 and a half feet. Took about 2 days to dig out. And after digging out the piles around the driveways were 12-15 feet high. Then one time in October I was maybe 20...it snowed about a foot which for Buffalo is nothing, but not that early. Nothing was winterized including nature itself. I remember watching what looked like fireworks all night. It was power lines and generators exploding. My apartment didn’t have power for a week, went back to my parents at night to stay warm. Then I don’t maybe 2014 another storm that dropped 7 feet. But it was a tiny thin area that got dropped. If you drove a mile north they got 2 inches.
Lake effect takes on a whole new meaning where you are!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It’s funny when I say 7 feet a lot of my European friends think it’s a joke. Hell a lot of Americans do even ha. Chicago gets some snow from time to time. But just in my lifetime let’s see 9th or 10th grade day before we got thanksgiving break....we got let out of school early cause of snow. When I left (I lived about a half mile from the school so I could walk home) it was up to my waist. My father was working midnights so was in bed. I remember waking him up saying I think somethings up, he laughed and said whatever. When he got up for work that night which got cancelled of course it legitimately was 7 and a half feet. Took about 2 days to dig out. And after digging out the piles around the driveways were 12-15 feet high. Then one time in October I was maybe 20...it snowed about a foot which for Buffalo is nothing, but not that early. Nothing was winterized including nature itself. I remember watching what looked like fireworks all night. It was power lines and generators exploding. My apartment didn’t have power for a week, went back to my parents at night to stay warm. Then I don’t maybe 2014 another storm that dropped 7 feet. But it was a tiny thin area that got dropped. If you drove a mile north they got 2 inches.

Yeah. For a European that sound like an end-of-days-movie. I come from a rural, mountain area and snow was a regular thing in my youth. That said, two inches was the utmost I saw over night and that was pretty apocalyptic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe