Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Nice...

Ephraim Tutt said:
Thoroughbred Hats, according to the lable on the liner, were around since 1860. This is one of their lids that's a bit Whippet-esque. There's something solid and no nonsense about this hat that I like.

SDC10345.jpg
That hat is really good looking, you set it off perfectly.:eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks Scott. This one was in a bit of a sorry state when it arrived, but a little soap and water and leather conditioner has done wonders. It's one of my favourite hats, but I still know virtually nothing about the Thoroughbred Hat Co or about the age of this hat. I'm guessing 50's.

RBH

Bartender
Ephraim Tutt said:
Thoroughbred Hats, according to one of the stamps on the sweat, were around since 1860 (the same label refers to 'Genuine coney fur' along with a drawing of a rabbit). This is one of their lids that's a bit Whippet-esque. There's something solid and no nonsense about this hat that I like. So whoever Thoroughbred Hats were - they did 'em well.

SDC10345.jpg
I have to say Mr Tutt.. I like the wider brims on you the best.
This one is top notch!! :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Thoroughbred Hats, according to one of the stamps on the sweat, were around since 1860 (the same label refers to 'Genuine coney fur' along with a drawing of a rabbit). This is one of their lids that's a bit Whippet-esque. There's something solid and no nonsense about this hat that I like. So whoever Thoroughbred Hats were - they did 'em well.

SDC10345.jpg

That's a keeper, for sure! Well done!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
RBH said:
I have to say Mr Tutt.. I like the wider brims on you the best.
This one is top notch!! :eusa_clap

Thanks for that Rusty. I'm beginning to think you may be right. Somewhere between 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 seems to be my sweet spot. This one is just a shade over 2 1/4. It's surprising the difference a measly 1/4" makes.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
billysmom said:
That's a keeper, for sure! Well done!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Yep Sue, it sure is. I bought three hats from this elderly lady and this one was kinda just thrown in after I'd bought the first 2. She asked me if I wanted it even though it was in such poor shape. 'You can have it for $20' she said. I thought the sweat was shot and the ribbon would need replaced. It was pretty dity and tired looking. But I tried it on anyway. It's a 7 1/8 and I'm 7 1/4 but it fit well. So I bought it and it's cleaned up far better than I thought it would. I added a small feather to the bow to cover up a tiny bit of discolouration (that I'll have another go at cleaning soon). It will be getting a lot of use methinks.

Victor67

New in Town
hi, i'm fresh here. right now i'm not wearing real clothes, just a sweater and jeans, but in my avatar you can see me wearing one of my two straw hats in a very hot day here in Portugal.

Victor67

New in Town
thanks, Harp... thaat's awfully complicated... i'm quite an sap in these pc and net adventures... i thought i could simply load them here directly from my pc. quite honestly i don't like to use online storage... oh well, let's talk of hats then...

Tone

A-List Customer
Cool hats as always, all.

HarpPlayerGene said:
I think you perfected those proportions. :eusa_clap

DCP_3336-1.jpg
DCP_3713.jpg

:arated: It looks great!

SDC10345.jpg

Ephraim, this is a great example of a good-looking fedora blending in well with the wearer and modern society - without drawing negative speculation of either, focus on itself as a stand out statement, or a history lesson of some sort on its own. It looks RIGHT at home on you. The crown / brim balance is excellent!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Mr P, indeed that Penney's is one of my largest brimmed hats; it being just over 7 cm wide, it would be between about 2 3/4 and 2 7/8 inches.
Rusty, not much to say about the hat. It is a Penney's Marathon, not any other model name or label. A nice blue grey. I can take a couple of pics if you like.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Sue, I must try one of those hairy hats sometime... that one sure looks great on you.
Hey Mario! That's a BROWN hat, man! And a nice one, too!
Ephraim, another winner, that Thoroughbred. Excellent colour. Does it have one of those on-purpose frayed bow ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe