Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks JTM. I should share the prize with Feraud who suggested I give the Blade a generous post WWII style swoop.

That wide binding does lend itself to generous visual statements alright. The hat is well worn and moth bitten but came up ok after a clean.

Still....I felt like a cheat just sticking a vintage lid on my melon and winning a prize for it lol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks for all the nice words about my Disney Oxford Fifteen.

A "PERFECT" from Douglas? Priceless!!! (Thank-you, Sir.)

DOUGLAS said:
DSCN9531.jpg

Douglas, Something about that Borsalino really speaks to me. Does it have a model designation? Can you post a liner shot? Maybe tell us a little more about it? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep folks, it's Australia's Derby Day. The Melbourne Cup is one of the world's richest horse races. Victoria gets a holiday and the rest of the nation stops, holds celebratory lunches and watches the race in offices and pubs across the land.

At my office we put on a pretty decent spread, enjoy a few wines and try to dress for the occasion. For me it simply meant donning the Dobbs Gay Blade as a lid suited to the gaiety of the day. Moreover - seeing as I was the only bloke wearing a lid, I accidently won the mens best hat prize - a $25 voucher to a major Department Store.

So without further ado....the Gay Blade -

SDC10332.jpg
SDC10327.jpg

Classy hat; I really like the ribbbon contrast on it and that super wide binding. Looks great on you; another wide brim! :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Ephraim! It was a hoot wearing this Friday and Sat evening. The hard part was getting in and out of all this get up- with the deco fingernails I couldn't get the darn studs done or undone or button the collar button myself! Told my husband (who had to help me) that I needed a ladies maid, like those rich ladies in the movies of the Art Deco and Golden Era period had.:) At some point I may want to hunt for a vintage tailcoat, tux shirt and bib. Then I won't have to borrow my husband's!

Only the tux pants and suspenders are vintage. The opera hat is maybe 19 or 20 years old, does that make it vintage yet? I suppose not...

Ephraim Tutt said:
Damn! You're makin' me breath heavy and breach a couple of Commandments there Chanteuse!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Roninjedi! It was fun shooting the pics at the theater, we could hear the film "Singing in the Rain" playing on the screen. We had to vamoose before the feature ended.

Roninjedi said:
Now that's what I call puttin' on the ritz! Super duper! :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Classy hat; I really like the ribbbon contrast on it and that super wide binding. Looks great on you; another wide brim! :)

Thanks very much, Mr P. And yes indeed - another wide brim. So wide, in fact, that I almost accidently did a Douglas and lost an eye to the swoop!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Wow, you haven't been idle these days! Plenty of fine hats.

To name but a few, Mr. P (and Mrs.!), J.T. Marcus, Ephraim Tutt and Douglas come easily to my mind!

Well done everyone!

billysmom

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Today it was a thin ribbon - J.C. Penneys "Open Road" impersonator.

DSC_0798-1.jpg

Bowtie is on the thin side, too... ;)

Torpedo, you set an impossibly high standard for the rest of us. Well done!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe