Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerekson said:
I think people respond differently to heat. for instance, it's blazing hot over here right now, but yet the other day I wore a 3-piece suit and fedora...I can take heat pretty well.

Like my great grandfather used to say: "What keeps out cold keeps put heat."
This was usually in response to those who would ask how he could wear a suit in hot weather. :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I just got back from a trip that took me to Chattanooga, Nashville, Louisville and Cincinnati. I wore my borsalino from Mascotta the whole time.

IMG_2933.jpg

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
I just got back from a trip that took me to Chattanooga, Nashville, Louisville and Cincinnati. I wore my borsalino from Mascotta the whole time.

IMG_2933.jpg

Dinerman, that is a great Borsalino! I like the colour.
What kind or vintage of Borsalino is it?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The borsalino's probably '50's vintage, maybe a tad earlier. The edge is whip stitched with very fine thread, so it has a bit of a different look. Click the thumbnail.

I can't find the t-shirt right now, but the one in the picture has a cool nose art-y graphic of a burger and bombs, with the text "belly bombers". I'll take a shot once it comes out of the wash. In the meantime, check this one out.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
I'm not that much into Fedoras and all, but much more into these:

hat1.jpg

And a side view:

hat2.jpg

It's a wonderful cap made in Ireland that cost me quite a bit more than the others of the kind. Very comfy too!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Dominic said:
I'm not that much into Fedoras and all, but much more into these:

It's a wonderful cap made in Ireland that cost me quite a bit more than the others of the kind. Very comfy too!

Cool looking Cap, Dominic......I think hanging around the Lounge it won't be too long before we see you in a Fedora!!!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
I can't find the t-shirt right now, but the one in the picture has a cool nose art-y graphic of a burger and bombs, with the text "belly bombers". I'll take a shot once it comes out of the wash. In the meantime, check this one out.
I LOVE it! I once dragged my wife, her friend our U-Haul towing our Honda a HUNDRED MILES out of the way to stop at White Castle somewhere in the wiles of Illisnois! There are some things worth it - a good White Castle, a good hat and a good taco.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Great look Dominic. The cap really seems to suit you. What color is it?

It's actually various shades of grey and some black.

Dominic, your cap is you! Great looks and headwear, both of you!

Thanks Deanglen!

Cool looking Cap, Dominic......I think hanging around the Lounge it won't be too long before we see you in a Fedora!!!

Thruth be told, I once spent an obscene amount of time trying out different hats, including Fedoras, and basically, it only made the hats look uglier. All kidding aside, none of the Fedora hats looked good on my head. The guy looked at me and said; "What you need is...this!!!" And he slapped on my head the hat you see in the pics.

The place I got the hat? A true vintage hat store in my home town of Montreal that's been in the business since 1932. At the same location.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Welcome back, Dinerman. We were wondering where you were. Fantastic hat. Nice tee shirt, too. Have you ever tried KRYSTALS? They sell them in Chattanooga and Nashville.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J.T.Marcus said:
Welcome back, Dinerman. We were wondering where you were. Fantastic hat. Nice tee shirt, too. Have you ever tried KRYSTALS? They sell them in Chattanooga and Nashville.

Ive had Krystals, but they're just not the same.
At the white castle we stopped at, I downed 11 of them. Very tasty, and impossible to find here.
It was fun in Nashville, I went into a couple of cowboy hat stores, tried on a bunch of hats, laughed at the quality and prices. I really liked a couple, but of course, the ones with good styling seem to either be the top of the line or the absolute bottom. Had a nice chat with the hat guy at one of the stores, the said I shouldn't wear anything with anything under a 4 inch brim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld