Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Johnny, That is a vintage Essman waterproof straw. It was sold by Dinerman and then I bought it from Ebay.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
DOUGLAS said:
I received many compliments today from both men and women.
DSCN5683.jpg

DSCN5685.jpg

Douglas.....Would that GREAT hat be considered an "Optimo" style? Doesn't look quite a rounded in the crown as pictures of Optimo style Panama's I've seen.

I like the shape of yours much better!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Nice ones Barry. :eusa_clap Also like yours too Douglass.:eusa_clap

For some strange reason I have been sitting in front of my PC almost the whole day, and it's not until now, I realise that I am wearing my RAF Cap...:eusa_doh: (Glad someone asked!)
L1010143.jpg

It was propably lying around on the table, when I opened the computer this morning and the only empty space to put it was obviously my head.:rolleyes:
Well, I think I will take it off now...no luftwaffe in sight anyway.

deanglen

BJBAmerica said:
The Akubra Federation.....Always thought the crown looked a little too high for me....Any thoughts?

I hate to admit this, but those crowns on the "screen" accurate Indy hats always look a little too tall to me, on anyone. But campaign hats probably look silly to most Loungers, regardless of the bash style, so it really is a matter of what you like on your head. Crown too high? Bash it down! You'll get some terrific reverse taper.

dean

RBH

Bartender
BJBAmerica said:
The Akubra Federation.....Always thought the crown looked a little too high for me....Any thoughts?

Thats what I like about the Federation, is the tall crown. I think it looks great on you Barry.
I think most people have gotten used to the short[er] brim and short crown on modern hats, that a tall crown at first looks strange to them.

Barry, direct yourself to this thread..
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21783&page=2
look at Chanop's bash, that style may suit you better.

DOUGLAS

That hat looks great on you Barry.As RBH alluded the taller crowns and wider brims take some getting used to but after a while it will feel strange wearing a lower crown style.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
GREAT Hat, Douglas.....You wear all of your hats with panache, BRAVO!!! I love the ascot/cravat too....Must give one of those a try myself sometime!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Spitfire said:
Nice ones Barry. :eusa_clap Also like yours too Douglass.:eusa_clap

For some strange reason I have been sitting in front of my PC almost the whole day, and it's not until now, I realise that I am wearing my RAF Cap...:eusa_doh: (Glad someone asked!)
L1010143.jpg

It was propably lying around on the table, when I opened the computer this morning and the only empty space to put it was obviously my head.:rolleyes:
Well, I think I will take it off now...no luftwaffe in sight anyway.

Great Cap, Spitfire, you wear it well, dashing!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

Thanks Barry, I need for some one to show me how to tie an ascot properly,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld