Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Today I wore my Lazarus.
IMG_3919.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Here's the other white castle shirt, for those who wanted to see it.
IMG_3920.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deanglen said:
Was it hot? I mean, was it uncomfortable to wear? Did the hat hold the heat? It's a killer look for you, Alan.

dean

Honestly, I wasn't outside in the heat for too long, and man was it brutally hot today. It seemed fine, though, and certainly I'd need something to keep the rays off my pate. The best answer right now isn't "Panama hat" but "air conditioning".

Thanks for the kind words on the ensemble. That pairing is something I've wanted for a long time, and I'm thrilled that it's finally come together.

DOUGLAS

yesterday

Spent the day out at the range.
DSCN5703.jpg

DSCN5707.jpg

Today is a Lord &Taylor. This is a terrific hat .It easily takes any shape.
DSCN5710.jpg

DSCN5716.jpg

DSCN5720.jpg

DSCN5724.jpg

DSCN5730.jpg

DOUGLAS

Barry, that is an inexpensive straw I bought in Spain last year. It has a very loose weave and can be rolled. The ascot is just some cotton fabric I stole from my wife.She was good enough to finish the edges for me. It is very light and absorbant so it works well in the summer.

A boot lace HUMMM, very cleaver Fletch. It looks pretty good.

DOUGLAS

You are looking pretty cool there Alan for being in that heat. Well done.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I've used boot laces for hatbands, a few times. As I recall, the XX" (Oops, that didn't sound right, so I found one and measured it. It's 56" long.) works well. This is about the longest I could find. Not only does it look good for very little money; you also get two for the price of one.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Nice hats, all. Dominic, you look like you're in a movie. A good movie.

Playing in a movie which would be set in the industrial late-twenties? I'm so there! And yes, it would be a very good movie.

DOUGLAS

Dobbs Cross Country

Not quite as warm as down South but 92 degrees is plenty warm for me.
DSCN5736.jpg

DSCN5738.jpg

DSCN5731.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, That Dobbs Cross Country is tops with me! When I was a kid, we crossed the country in a "Rambler Cross Country" station wagon. I've been looking for a silver gray fedora with a matching wide ribbon. Is that a current production item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld