Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
the traditional "wearing of the bowler" occurs in the Paladin household only on Christmas Day to pass out presents and spend the day with family, because it is the only hat I have my wife does not want to appear with me in public while wearing. She is English and says only British bankers in black suits with silver handled umbrellas can wear a bowler and not look affected. Since she enjoys all the other 50+ hats I have, I am happy to confine the wearing of the bowler to Christmas Day; hence the tradition!

lollol That is a fantastic story and a great tradition. I'm really in love with that spin on the oxblood. Just perfect.

pw025-1.jpg

Blue-Gray Ambassador from johnnyphi. It says "Hats with character" or, maybe "Hats for
characters", either way it's a nice hat.

By the way, Paladin, that oxblood VS is the cat's meow!

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Man in Black

This pic could as well be placed in the New Hat thread, as well as in the Fawcett Hall of Fame. My best wishes go out to Art Fawcett, for making this beautiful black VS, and to Donato, who commissioned the hat and from whom I did obtain it.

I do not consider myself a Man in Black, but today that was what happened to be. Apologies for the photographing technique. (I am working on it...)

101228-VS-black.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Mr P., I remembered last year's bowler pics and was awaiting for the new ones! And TREMENDOUS gift too! You must have been a veeeeery good boy... :D
DRB, nice "cozy" pic.
Hatophile, is there an actual end to that string of great hats? :eek:

Torpedo

One Too Many
Dobbs "Fifteen". It is a warm grey felt with a hint of purple; the dark maroon ribbon is great for combining with like-hued complements... so it was an ideal chance for this particular bow tie!

DSC01215b.jpg

DSC01220b.jpg

Great black VS, Bantam man, looks great with those eyeglasses.

Thank you, Torpedo, you are looking sharp as ever with that hat and overcoat. As far as hats, I'm just trying to keep up with RLK, but it's a losing battle, I'm afraid.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
150719541, RobFedorafield, Bart--Thanks guys! I love the new Art! It is superb in every way and I am so excited to have it. It is all I have worn since I got it. Rob, the traditional "wearing of the bowler" occurs in the Paladin household only on Christmas Day to pass out presents and spend the day with family, because it is the only hat I have my wife does not want to appear with me in public while wearing. She is English and says only British bankers in black suits with silver handled umbrellas can wear a bowler and not look affected. Since she enjoys all the other 50+ hats I have, I am happy to confine the wearing of the bowler to Christmas Day; hence the tradition! The grandkids love it and the stick I carry with it.

Today, my VS Oxblood again!
VS002.jpg

VS003.jpg

That is a grand looking lid Mr. Paladin!

Cheers!

Dan

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
That's a classic shot, as a matter of fact. I like the bash and how you've got the brim. You wouldn't know what era the photo is from without a date.

Thanks very much! I am quite taken with this hat, it's a vintage Resistol open road type. It may be a San Antonio but the dimensions seem a bit smaller (this one has a 2.5" brim [I think])

I wasn't sure we could pull it off,but I love the dimensions.

Wow, that is some stretch there pardner... looks like it came off without a hitch. Gorgeous hat. I am waiting for a vintage 7x clear beaver to arrive from a shop in Arizona... it will be my first firsthand look at one of these. Can't wait to wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael