Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
My Stylemaster today .

Squatter1022.jpg

Borsalino (again)

img3467v.jpg

That is a great look!

On my way to our larger family celebration earlier today, the gray Open Road.

orig.jpg

Very nice!

A Merry belated Christmas to all! It was a busy weekend in the Paladin household with all the kids and grandkids here.

Christmas Day began with the tradional "wearing of the bowler" to pass out the presents:
IMG_3150.jpg

The bowler suddenly disappeared when the glorious Art Fawcett creation that my wife bought me, was unwrapped; what a beauty!
VSOxblood001.jpg

It is a velour Oxblood with 2 3/4" bound brim and a 4 3/4 " crown. More close-up pics on the Art Fawcett thread later! Absolutely gorgeous!

Wore it the rest of the day (except at the dinner table) and while playing Risk with the sons-in-law until about 3:00AM.

"traditional wearing of the bowler" ??? please explain more! and that is a gorgeous AF you have there!

Happy Holidays everyone (that means you too)!

I shot a family picture with me wearing an Optimo 1000.

FamilyPhoto12Dec2010a.jpg

Best wishes from our family to all of you. Peace.

That is a very dapper family you have, thank you for the holiday cheer

It is out of my normal comfort zone but I like.

every now and then it's good to be out of your comfort zone (I'm saything as I pull on my derby)

Stetson 25,my mother said I would shoot my eye out.

5291457368_025846ae2a_z.jpg

Love that movie and that's a great photo

forget the hat, what about that jacket??? please share model / type / more pics...

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LOOKING GOOD! GREAT!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you sir :). I've learned that I really, really enjoy the telescope crown on this hat. It still needs a dark brown leather concho hatband, though (a suggestion by Hatophile that I can't help but be inspired by)!

Mr. Paladin

150719541, RobFedorafield, Bart--Thanks guys! I love the new Art! It is superb in every way and I am so excited to have it. It is all I have worn since I got it. Rob, the traditional "wearing of the bowler" occurs in the Paladin household only on Christmas Day to pass out presents and spend the day with family, because it is the only hat I have my wife does not want to appear with me in public while wearing. She is English and says only British bankers in black suits with silver handled umbrellas can wear a bowler and not look affected. Since she enjoys all the other 50+ hats I have, I am happy to confine the wearing of the bowler to Christmas Day; hence the tradition! The grandkids love it and the stick I carry with it.

Today, my VS Oxblood again!
VS002.jpg

VS003.jpg

Neophyte

Neo it is great that you have taken a hat that was not getting much use and found a new love for it.

Jeff

Thanks! I really did think it was a goner. Tawny Fawn isn't a good color for a dress hat (at least for me it isn't). I also totally screwed up the crease, and it developed some taper. Luckily, all that time it spent crushed under luggage by someone in my house (my family members won't fess up lol) seems to have softened it up quite a bit.

I was overjoyed to find that I was able to salvage it!

Neophyte

150719541, RobFedorafield, Bart--Thanks guys! I love the new Art! It is superb in every way and I am so excited to have it. It is all I have worn since I got it. Rob, the traditional "wearing of the bowler" occurs in the Paladin household only on Christmas Day to pass out presents and spend the day with family, because it is the only hat I have my wife does not want to appear with me in public while wearing. She is English and says only British bankers in black suits with silver handled umbrellas can wear a bowler and not look affected. Since she enjoys all the other 50+ hats I have, I am happy to confine the wearing of the bowler to Christmas Day; hence the tradition! The grandkids love it and the stick I carry with it.

Today, my VS Oxblood again!
VS002.jpg

VS003.jpg

That hat looks incredible! The shape, the contrast between the ribbon and felt color...I think it ties with Pompidou's outrageous (in a good way) porkpie for what I consider the most striking VS hats I've seen :eusa_clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael