Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Had a touch of snow today - wore my Open Road 25 as I shoveled the walk:

5295274242_d0930b445e.jpg

5294691431_3d1c9a7158.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
This is obviously not me lol, but this is my son wearing his new hat. I wish I could say it was great quality and expensive, but I couldn't swing it this year. That being said he has been wearing it for two days now even at home in his pj's lol. He did take it off at the mall cause he felt it would be rude to wear inside. ;)

utf-8BSU1HMDEwNTItMjAxMDEyMjYtMTExNS5qcGc.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Tawny Fawn Campdraft today. For reasons unknown to me, it seems to be the warmest hat. Took this shot while petting the stray cats that come by :).

CampdraftonaColdDay1.jpg

Great pic! This hat is still on my list to get for my kid (I want the green like in your profile picture)! Maybe for his birthday. :)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you for the compliment :).

SheBear74, it looks like your son's made it his own :)! By the way, is that hat green?

Last edited:

One Too Many
This is obviously not me lol, but this is my son wearing his new hat. I wish I could say it was great quality and expensive, but I couldn't swing it this year. That being said he has been wearing it for two days now even at home in his pj's lol. He did take it off at the mall cause he felt it would be rude to wear inside. ;)

utf-8BSU1HMDEwNTItMjAxMDEyMjYtMTExNS5qcGc.jpg
Nice look boy ¡¡¡¡¡

Wow Alan, a 5x velour sounds very soft. The color of that Borsolino is unique. You don't see many that color. What is the color? Is it vintage or new? Anyway. Fantastic!

Thanks Dennis... the first picture shows the color quite accurately. This is one of a pair of 5X marque grand luxe Borsos that were originally owned by a prominent Chicagoan. The Marshall Fields boxes they came in have a delivery ticket attached from 1956. These might not be the original boxes for these hats, but I think 1950s is about right. Both hats have a rich colored, soft velour felt. The brown is a little heavier than the silver gray.

Hope you're managing with the snow today!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Thanks Dennis... the first picture shows the color quite accurately. This is one of a pair of 5X marque grand luxe Borsos that were originally owned by a prominent Chicagoan. The Marshall Fields boxes they came in have a delivery ticket attached from 1956. These might not be the original boxes for these hats, but I think 1950s is about right. Both hats have a rich colored, soft velour felt. The brown is a little heavier than the silver gray.

Hope you're managing with the snow today!

That is a very very nice chapeau. The colour is lovely and the hat is in great condition

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Merry belated Christmas to all! It was a busy weekend in the Paladin household with all the kids and grandkids here.

Christmas Day began with the tradional "wearing of the bowler" to pass out the presents:
IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

The bowler suddenly disappeared when the glorious Art Fawcett creation that my wife bought me, was unwrapped; what a beauty!
VSOxblood001.jpg

VSOxblood003.jpg

It is a velour Oxblood with 2 3/4" bound brim and a 4 3/4 " crown. More close-up pics on the Art Fawcett thread later! Absolutely gorgeous!

Wore it the rest of the day (except at the dinner table) and while playing Risk with the sons-in-law until about 3:00AM.
IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael