Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That depends on who you talk to. We met Indian Jimmy who started our conversation by asking me if I knew how old my hat is. When I said I had a pretty good idea, he said it was from the 20s, and that my wife and I were dead ringers for Bonnie and Clyde.

He gave me "his card", which is a Service Consultant's card for a local Chevy dealership, and Jimmy's name sure isn't on the front. The back says www.youtube.com IndianJimmy all one word.

Now that I've watched the videos, I think I might have kept a greater distance. lol

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Stetson Stratoliner

I've been sporting a lot of strat clones lately; now it's time to break out the real thing:

5005453883_0f20246d63_z.jpg

5005463079_49a7b1d742_z.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Hey Torp, don't you just love the sound of rain drops hitting the felt? What a great sound. :D

I too like that sound ... ;)

This picture is actually from a few days ago. But I'm wearing the same hat again today (in the rain once again).

ecd8f4f5.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Lefty: I don't think I have ever seen a more distinguished turtle before.

Mr E Train: I think green is my favorite campdraft color. The little girl is getting cuter everyday.

Zetwal: I see that some of the raindrops have beaded up. Is the hat water repellent treated or is that a testament to the fine resilience of the natural fur felt?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:
I too like that sound ... ;)

This picture is actually from a few days ago. But I'm wearing the same hat again today (in the rain once again).

ecd8f4f5.jpg

Wow! That is a beautiful vintage. Very nice. And, you're not afraid to wear it out in the rain. It just attests to the quality of these older hats.
I have a 1930's Dobbs that I've worn in the rain a couple of time. No harm at all.

Cheers!

Dan

Mr E Train

One Too Many
DRB said:
Mr E Train: I think green is my favorite campdraft color. The little girl is getting cuter everyday.

Mine too! She is cute, isn't she? Check out how cute she can be when my ugly mug isn't in the way.

60485_1558623562061_1129412022_1555833_3143300_n.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
CitizenGenet said:
My father surprised me last night and announced he had kept my great-grandfather's dress hat from Stevens Hat Company. We went and got the dusty box, and the hat inside looked very much like what you are wearing in this picture.

Ta CG. This one was my very first vintage hat and it started my passion. It came in its box with a December 1958 receipt. It's a charcoal grey Stetson with an embroidered pug and no model name. The brim is 2" so not quite, though almost, a stingy and it is a very versatile lid working equally well with jeans and a T as with my business gear.

RBH

Bartender
DanielJones said:
Wow! That is a beautiful vintage. Very nice. And, you're not afraid to wear it out in the rain. It just attests to the quality of these older hats.
I have a 1930's Dobbs that I've worn in the rain a couple of time. No harm at all.

Cheers!

Dan
Dan, if I am right that is a Campdraft.
But I have been known to be wrong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust