Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinterchange

One Too Many
CRH said:
One of my favorite hats on the Lounge. :eusa_clap

It's a privilege to have a National Park practically as a back yard. Vintage Stetson Panama today.

You don't actually think I would be traipsing around here alone do you?

Wonderful scenery, great hat, and a good friend. What more could you want?

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
7x clear beaver stetson
P1090677.jpg

Great looking hat! :eusa_clap

Randy

A lot of hats are difficult to photograph to get the picture to show the true color.

Actually it's perception thing, we have an idea of what the color is and we actually mentally shift the colors in our minds to see it as we expect it to be. Photography tends to show accurately what the color is under the type of lighting the hat is shown but we can't accept the true representation. :eusa_doh:

As examples, under incandescent things have a warm color tone and the industrial tube flourescents usually give everything a green cast but we shift the colors to match what we expect and often only realize the change when we see pictures.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I reshaped the top of the crown a bit, raising it up to give me a bit more headroom. Feels great. A middle-aged man with his wife told me that I had a nice Stetson there. I neglected to correct them, because that is a major improvement over the standard "Indy" comment lol.

TheSearchForBluegrassGreen6.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
I reshaped the top of the crown a bit, raising it up to give me a bit more headroom. Feels great. A middle-aged man with his wife told me that I had a nice Stetson there. I neglected to correct them, because that is a major improvement over the standard "Indy" comment lol.
And just who is the manufacturer of that hat?
Tom D.

DrInfested

New in Town
Neophyte said:

TheSearchForBluegrassGreen6.jpg

It's funny you should mention the "Indy" comments. When I first started wearing a fedora, I got that a lot! It sure was annoying. :p

The good thing was that my electrical instructor at college told me she really loved my hat, and random people at Wal-Mart and other places have complimented my hat as well, and it's not even a very good hat! :D

Btw, nice hat. I really like the color.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DrInfested said:
It's funny you should mention the "Indy" comments. When I first started wearing a fedora, I got that a lot! It sure was annoying. :p

The good thing was that my electrical instructor at college told me she really loved my hat, and random people at Wal-Mart and other places have complimented my hat as well, and it's not even a very good hat! :D

Btw, nice hat. I really like the color.

Thanks so much! Bluegrass green is very, very, VERY chameleon-like. One day, however, I WILL capture the true color, and I will finally post it on the green machine. It's very much an outdoors/around campus hat, as under artificial lighting it shows a rich, but sickly green. I don't like it, but then again, I don't really wear it that much indoors lol!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Spring has sprung Down Under....

Headed off to West End today for a festival and lunch at the Greek Taverna. Being an arty part of town, I had to dress for the occasion and the 1950's Stetson fitted the bill.

SDC10973.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust