Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Nice bunch o' lids today. As always!
Today, I'm wearing something I made over the last few days, out of bits and pieces from the bone-pile. A beat Resistol 4XB Western body I found at a thrift store and bought for sewing machine practice fodder. It then was used to try decorative brim stitching (fail), tested a couple of rounding jack design ideas, and lastly suffered some aggressive pouncing. So, when I fine-tuned my block to better fit me, I naturally needed a test subject. Had to put in a sweat to test it correctly, so I found one I accidentally cut a smidge too short for a previous project. Turns out the smidge was almost the same smidge I shaved off the sides of my block. Almost. It fit me so nice, I had to put a ribbon on it. Found a piece I'd dyed earlier and not used.
Anyhoo, here it is, the Rat Hat.

d934bdaaae5c9d8b26751d5e963fb1ee.jpg
7a1460e2263fe2ffdeba32b41e020a6e.jpg
871a19b4daf938846bf8fad329ea1d24.jpg

Maybe I'll be nicer to it now.
Have a great Saturday!

Last edited:
I cut class from school on a Fri afternoon to see the movie "Easy Rider" the day it premiered. I went to the matinee because it was anticipated there would be long lines that night & all weekend, & not everyone would get in. After waiting in anticipation for months I just had to see it! With the plot, actors like Fonda & Hopper, & music written or performed by Dylan, McGuinn, Hendrix, the Byrds, the Band & Steppenwolf, it changed my life!

Within a couple of wks I bought this coat; rust colored suede leather with buck-stitching across the front & back, & 10" fringe. It was the closest thing I could find to what Hopper wore in the movie. Before then I thought only Roy Rogers & Dale Evans wore such coats, but now everyone who understood the message of the movie wanted one. It became a symbol & a way to acknowledge each other, those who "got it"!

I know it sounds completely silly now & to those who weren't even born yet during those times, but I learned a lot of life's lessons while wearing this coat over those coming yrs. And I am most proud that it still fits!

2iiv44.jpg

9gyphd.jpg

302sb53.jpg

1zg42t4.jpg

rm5tz7.jpg

smpyip.jpg

Still fits! You have every right to be proud, Jack. Sweet piece!!

Hey everyone!
Nice bunch o' lids today. As always!
Today, I'm wearing something I made over the last few days, out of bits and pieces from the bone-pile. A beat Resistol 4XB Western body I found at a thrift store and bought for sewing machine practice fodder. It then was used to try decorative brim stitching (fail), tested a couple of rounding jack design ideas, and lastly suffered some aggressive pouncing. So, when I fine-tuned my block to better fit me, I naturally needed a test subject. Had to put in a sweat to test it correctly, so I found one I accidentally cut a smidge too short for a previous project. Turns out the smidge was almost the same smidge I shaved off the sides of my block. Almost. It fit me so nice, I had to put a ribbon on it. Found a piece I'd dyed earlier and not used.
Anyhoo, here it is, the Rat Hat.

d934bdaaae5c9d8b26751d5e963fb1ee.jpg
7a1460e2263fe2ffdeba32b41e020a6e.jpg
871a19b4daf938846bf8fad329ea1d24.jpg

Maybe I'll be nicer to it now.
Have a great Saturday!

That black Rat hat is where it's at! Now you HAVE to be nice to it, Moe!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I cut class from school on a Fri afternoon to see the movie "Easy Rider" the day it premiered. I went to the matinee because it was anticipated there would be long lines that night & all weekend, & not everyone would get in. After waiting in anticipation for months I just had to see it! With the plot, actors like Fonda & Hopper, & music written or performed by Dylan, McGuinn, Hendrix, the Byrds, the Band & Steppenwolf, it changed my life!

Within a couple of wks I bought this coat; rust colored suede leather with buck-stitching across the front & back, & 10" fringe. It was the closest thing I could find to what Hopper wore in the movie. Before then I thought only Roy Rogers & Dale Evans wore such coats, but now everyone who understood the message of the movie wanted one. It became a symbol & a way to acknowledge each other, those who "got it"!

I know it sounds completely silly now & to those who weren't even born yet during those times, but I learned a lot of life's lessons while wearing this coat over those coming yrs. And I am most proud that it still fits!

Great Story Hurricane. I had a similar experience involving that movie. I was in Kansas City at the time attending the Future Farmers of America national convention. A couple of my fellow reprobates and me decided to skip our required seminars and take a bus to a theater for the matinee showing of Easy Rider. Let's just say that for a small town boy from northern Minnesota it was an eye opener.

Michael

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

2iiv44.jpg

9gyphd.jpg

302sb53.jpg

1zg42t4.jpg

rm5tz7.jpg

smpyip.jpg
Nice jacket !!! Lets ride the Harley then !!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
So many nice hats. I haven't been able to post much lately. Too many overtime hours at work. At least I'll be old enough to retire this year. Looks like I missed a lot. Seems like we're back to Winter in April! It's Spring! I'm done with cold weather!

It's the Open Road for me today...
The_OR_3.jpg

x_Open_Road_RC.jpg

What a day for the blues....Don Gibson, "Blue Blue Day" 1958

A newer version of "Blue Blue Day" from a German Rock A Billy group, The Ballroom Rockets...

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
So many nice hats. I haven't been able to post much lately. Too many overtime hours at work. At least I'll be old enough to retire this year. Looks like I missed a lot. Seems like we're back to Winter in April! It's Spring! I'm done with cold weather!

It's the Open Road for me today...
The_OR_3.jpg

Hard to beat a nice Open Road, TJ.

I turned 60 this year and reckon I can work at least another 10 years (assuming my health holds together). I have more responsibility than ever which is a challenge, but at least exercises my last couple of brain cells. [emoji1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82