Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That song was the National Anthem of a generation for a while. Took me yrs before I figured out it's really about the Viet Nam war, & I'm usually pretty good at understanding lyrics & gettin' the message.
how is it about the Vietnam war?

I always though Grace wrote it about drugs and curiosity and the drug references in children stories with the influence of the way Miles Davis used the Bolero rhythm

at least that is what I have read the woman who penned it state over the years

never heard it connected to the war

Some shop work this cold evening.....
BGCD

122fe844bfe607205bd06f1c3b3a3ac0.jpg

Rockin' that CD, Harv! Great peak into (in my best Bela Lugosi accent) the laboratory.

I always though Grace wrote it about drugs and curiosity and the drug references in children stories with the influence of the way Miles Davis used the Bolero rhythm

I think I figured it out when the..."hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call" trying to draft me so..."the men on the chessboard get up and tell you (me) where to go".

"And the White Knight is talking backwards" as Henry Kessinger gave away the lives of POW's to end it with honor.

EstherWeis

Vendor

Same here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I think I figured it out when the..."hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call" trying to draft me so..."the men on the chessboard get up and tell you (me) where to go".

"And the White Knight is talking backwards" as Henry Kessinger gave away the lives of POW's to end it with honor.

Interesting

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hard to beat a nice Open Road, TJ.

I turned 60 this year and reckon I can work at least another 10 years (assuming my health holds together). I have more responsibility than ever which is a challenge, but at least exercises my last couple of brain cells. [emoji1]
Thanks, David. It's definitely hard to beat an earlier made Open Road.

I'm just a couple of years older, (62). 41 years of Roofing with about a dozen years of slinging heavy boxes in Warehouses has taken a toll on me, physically. It's left me with a bad Rotator Cuff that needs surgery, a messed up knee, and a herniated disc that flares up every now and then. I think I'm going to retire and work part time at something a bit easier on me. In spite of a few ailments I can't really complain. I'm blessed to be in good health, otherwise.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This is April! It's supposed to be Spring! Come on with the warm weather already! I want to fire up the lawn mower! Can't do that when it's still cold and snowing!

Oh well. Everyone still looks great and the hat display is something I envy. For this cold April morning I'm wearing a somewhat rare bird. An earlier to mid '50s thin ribbon Bradford Westerner, "7X Quality", whatever that meant in Bradford terminology back in the day.

The_Bradford_Westerner_2.jpg

The_Bradford_Westerner_3.jpg

Worth a repeat posting of Dino. Of all the crooners I liked Dean Martin best...
"Memories Are Made Of This"...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, I was in KC also! I was at the Plaza Theater. Do you remember if you attended the premier or a matinee sometime later? We could have been in the same theater. I remember those annual FFA conventions. I always wanted to borrow an FFA jacked to see if I could get laid by the local girls.

Are you from up around Hibbing by chance? Yrs later I worked with a guy from near Hibbing/Bemidji who's parents worked there in the taconite mines. Growing up he went to school with Bobby Zimmerman.

That is nothing short of amazing. The Plaza and opens today on the ad in the paper sound real familiar, but you know how memory works and it would be asking a lot of mine to actually be sure of details from 40 some years ago. Particularly when I can't remember what I had for breakfast.

I'm from the other side of the state, over Fargo-Moorhead way. So no Dylan siting in my past. And the blue jacket (oh yeah, now I remember I forgot to have breakfast) was no help at all on that other front.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
For today's tweediness it's a Kevin McAndrew Donegal country hat
P1170743 crop 2 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hanging out above some more Harris tweed in the jacket.
P1170740 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1170742 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Bob Hufford - Any luck with the morels? I would like to get out today, but it's been cold so I'm not hopeful. And I just heard some rain, so that's a second strike.

Michael

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's a beautiful building David. Did you go into that post office right next to that building? Beautiful art deco building and lots of Egyptian themed decor on the inside. Very historic and representative of the more extravagant styles of the 20s and 30s.

I've not yet had a chance to see inside the Post Office building, Roger. I walk by there often, including this morning.

There is new development in that area, a mixed use building across Lancaster Ave. from the Post Office.

a05ca38c8e3dafd9d872da4666359553.jpg

Of course, this is where something is sorely needed:

274526974ca06f6d64e0078ae66a8b8b.jpg

The twenty year standoff between the owner of the T&P warehouse and the City of Fort Worth continues. I think they call it demolition by neglect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82