Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon Park.
Have I ever mentioned my nasty thoughts about snow?

7b90a1b431d5c9e287154f5b8a7a44e5.jpg
2f67deac6f8dfa43d4392eb914f21253.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
c956fcd978715e897eebcf18be37dd93.jpg

Have a great Saturday, all.
Bowlers look so gentlemanly, so stylish, so unique. Especially when caught in the sunlight taking a sneaky leak.

Headed out to the Old West Roundtable breakfast this morning. I'll be wearing my Ritch Rand natural beaver Tom Mix along with my vintage fringe "Billy" jacket like worn by Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider.
zsl1k2.jpg
Doesn't clash at all, contrasts quite nicely actually. Just mind you don't ruin the bash doing head stands.

Now that is a perfect example to any hat wearing novice that it's not just a suit that goes with a hat. A fine hat with an equally fine leather, all colour contrasted. A complimented outfit indeed.

Can't resist giving Esther's creation yet another spin.
aloha 018.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice trench coat, Trenchy!

Matt - nice bowler. My one attempt at this style was not a success, you you pull it off well.

H-Jack - I always like to see your Ritch Rand hats. I was looking on his site, he has a lot of styles I'd happily wear.

Harv - cool colours on the FP. Shame about that snow. I'm heading your way next week (Baltimore and driving to York, PA) so I'm hoping the weather will be nicer by then.

GHT - agree, no suit required. I wear I nice hat everyday and haven't owned a suit in living memory. It's going to be nice fedora hat and cargo shorts for me today [emoji3]

Cheers!
David!

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Great hats on Friday. I’m so glad to see black hats. I just got an AMAZING black long hair without an ID, that has instantly gone into my rotation. Pics coming soon.

Moon – Sorry to hear about the hard drive failure. You have such a great attitude about that. I’d have been screaming for weeks.

MM – Great derby. Love the aerators.

Hurricane – Brings back memories.

Harv – NO WAY. Damn. Things are crazy. Snow!!! The Falcon Park is gorgeous. I love those colors. Beautiful.

GHT – Nice!

Wearing my Strat today. Any day is Strat day.
IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1909.JPG

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Headed out to the Old West Roundtable breakfast this morning. I'll be wearing my Ritch Rand natural beaver Tom Mix along with my vintage fringe "Billy" jacket like worn by Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider.

jhd5e0.jpg

zsl1k2.jpg

With all the talk about the Cattleman crease lately I thought about wearing my 10X Rand but the chocolate clashes with the rust colored jacket. I've been thinking about a "new do" for it anyway.

jfaucz.jpg

tell a bit more about the jacket if you would

great hats ... and I don't see a clash at all... actually think it looks quite good

Hey, good to see you Bruno! Great Strat! Any Strat is a great Strat!
Harv, I'm with you - and I'm hatin' on Matt and anybody living at points south and warm. I woke up this morning to all this white stuff on the ground. WTH?!!!! I didn't order this stuff.

Today, out for errands in the Adam Pacesetter. Love this old, moth-eaten, badly restored, wonderful, loveable piece of felt. It's like a favorite pair of old jeans.

Picture1.jpg

Last night, I froze my tuchis off at the Reds game! I was so cold, I forgot to take a selfie in my SBCD. So, just like reality television, I present a dramatic recreation of how I looked last night.

Picture2.jpg

It was so cold we bolted very early on - hey, plenty of games to be seen when it's more like summer! However, the objective was achieved, as I got my umpteenth schedule magnet in a row!
Picture5.jpg
Picture6.jpg

Today was the Changing of The Schedule Magnet, complete with invocation, ritual dance, and the serving of complimentary saltines and grape juice. As Reb Tevye would say, "TRADITION!"

Happy Saturday, all!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Great hats on Friday. I’m so glad to see black hats. I just got an AMAZING black long hair without an ID, that has instantly gone into my rotation. Pics coming soon.

Moon – Sorry to hear about the hard drive failure. You have such a great attitude about that. I’d have been screaming for weeks.

MM – Great derby. Love the aerators.

Harv – NO WAY. Damn. Things are crazy. Snow!!! The Falcon Park is gorgeous. I love those colors. Beautiful.

GHT – Nice!

Wearing my Strat today. Any day is Strat day.
View attachment 47938 View attachment 47939
Tru. And you got some great ties as well.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bowlers look so gentlemanly, so stylish, so unique. Especially when caught in the sunlight taking a sneaky leak.

Doesn't clash at all, contrasts quite nicely actually. Just mind you don't ruin the bash doing head stands.

Now that is a perfect example to any hat wearing novice that it's not just a suit that goes with a hat. A fine hat with an equally fine leather, all colour contrasted. A complimented outfit indeed.

Can't resist giving Esther's creation yet another spin.
View attachment 47936
"Sneaky leak." GREAT! HAHAHAHAHA.

H-Jack - I always like to see your Ritch Rand hats. I was looking on his site, he has a lot of styles I'd happily wear.

Thanks David. Ritch represents those of us who are interested in the history & settling of the American West quite well. He & his staff are a great group of people. Definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in Montana.

tell a bit more about the jacket if you would
I cut class from school on a Fri afternoon to see the movie "Easy Rider" the day it premiered. I went to the matinee because it was anticipated there would be long lines that night & all weekend, & not everyone would get in. After waiting in anticipation for months I just had to see it! With the plot, actors like Fonda & Hopper, & music written or performed by Dylan, McGuinn, Hendrix, the Byrds, the Band & Steppenwolf, it changed my life!

Within a couple of wks I bought this coat; rust colored suede leather with buck-stitching across the front & back, & 10" fringe. It was the closest thing I could find to what Hopper wore in the movie. Before then I thought only Roy Rogers & Dale Evans wore such coats, but now everyone who understood the message of the movie wanted one. It became a symbol & a way to acknowledge each other, those who "got it"!

I know it sounds completely silly now & to those who weren't even born yet during those times, but I learned a lot of life's lessons while wearing this coat over those coming yrs. And I am most proud that it still fits!

2iiv44.jpg

9gyphd.jpg

302sb53.jpg

1zg42t4.jpg

rm5tz7.jpg

smpyip.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Doggie walking completed - I brought along my Campdraft.

Behind me is the Texas & Pacific Railroad Station, opened in 1931 and now converted to lofts.

20c4988eca9f25a3e0844b649ef2afcf.jpg

On the way home a lot of hats (of the hard variety) in Sundance Square Plaza, where Habitat for Humanity volunteers are building a home for a family.

9a7d4918e1012e6364e5b680ac346128.jpg

This seems to be an annual thing, they built one here last year too. Must be a hassle moving the houses when finished.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I cut class from school on a Fri afternoon to see the movie "Easy Rider" the day it premiered. I went to the matinee because it was anticipated there would be long lines that night & all weekend, & not everyone would get in. After waiting in anticipation for months I just had to see it! With the plot, actors like Fonda & Hopper, & music written or performed by Dylan, McGuinn, Hendrix, the Byrds, the Band & Steppenwolf, it changed my life!

Within a couple of wks I bought this coat; rust colored suede leather with buck-stitching across the front & back, & 10" fringe. It was the closest thing I could find to what Hopper wore in the movie. Before then I thought only Roy Rogers & Dale Evans wore such coats, but now everyone who understood the message of the movie wanted one. It became a symbol & a way to acknowledge each other, those who "got it"!

I know it sounds completely silly now & to those who weren't even born yet during those times, but I learned a lot of life's lessons while wearing this coat over those coming yrs. And I am most proud that it still fits!

2iiv44.jpg

9gyphd.jpg

302sb53.jpg

1zg42t4.jpg

rm5tz7.jpg

smpyip.jpg

love the coat
love the movie
love Dennis Hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics