Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice vs Sam. Alan, you always remind me to appreciate things in life I would otherwise pay no mind to. Nice panorama in the blueberry patch.

Mostly I went with my wormser open road clone today.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David - I always like that Worth & Worth, but that ArtLite is particularly nice.

David - that Zephyr weight is lovely - it looks like it's just got the minimum felt weight it needs to hold a nice shape

Thanks a lot Richard, I love to wear my straw hats, but it is a treat for it to be cool enough for one of the felts from time to time.

The felt on the Zephyr Weight is so soft is seems all the stiffener is long gone. As a result the hat seems to have a new shape everytime I wear it.

I like your CD from earlier today.

David, thanks. And you know, I think I may have been to that diner in Burlington (my wife and I used to live across the lake in the Adirondacks, and Burlington was the "big city").

Thanks, GD. It is the Arcadia Diner near the airport (I think it was called something else a while ago) - here's the facebook page

David, great photos and hats, This wagon, I guess it is a wagon, where you can sit and eat, there are only in the US.

Cheers, Manfred. Now you mention it, I don't recall seeing these old diners outside of North America (other than some imitation ones back in the UK). Of course, our friend Dinerman is the authority on such places :)

Andy - another great Fed IV.

David, great W&W, and it's nice to see that dark moss Artlite. Elegant and understated. Very sharp. The Zephyr weight this morning glows.

Thanks so much, Jeff. I like your Wormser OR style. Such a timeless design.

Sam - great Camilla VS.

Alan - very cool photos.

g.durand

One Too Many
David, I checked out the link and then looked at a street view of the diner. I took a client there for lunch over 30 years ago. The exterior seems the same as it was then (or at least it does to my faded memory) and is just a few yards down the road from another one of my favorites, the Ho Hum Motel. I stayed there once, too. Your Zephyr Weight was a fine choice today.

Nice hats all around today, gents.
ManofKent, I see you are taking to the Campdraft. It's been just a bit too warm to wear mine here just yet.

And b-man, it's hard to beat the lines of an OR or a clone. That Wormser is special.

As for me, I wore the VS Granite today.
photo_zps889afa1a.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Josh, I am very impressed sir. I am clapping and cheering in a generally south, eastern direction hoping it reaches your ears.

Lots of folks who play music both as skilled amateurs and pro's on the forum. I admire all.

Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hats, gentlemen!!

GamaH, sharp looking Optimo!

g-durand, cool look with the Granite!

Jeff, great Wormser. Looks like Original to me, like a Stetson OR.

Alan, a great old Western hat, cool sun protection for Golf! PS. Very nice Panorama photo!

Sam, I missed your Camilla, looks sharp on you!

Richard, sharp look with the CD, the wider brimmed hats works fine for you!

Robert, you look great with the Cervo!

Andy, for me looks as good as, equal which color it shows!

David, sharp Stetson in a lovely color and ribbon combination!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam - great Camilla

Alan - nice photos. Hope the golf game wasn't too frustrating.

Bowlerman - The Wormser looks great

G.d. - Looking very sharp in that granite VS

GamaH - Nice looking Optimo - 3" brim?

------

Thanks for the comments on the BGCD - The Campdraft has definitely grown on me, and wears surprisingly cool given the liner.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Every time I see an Optimo I think I have to get one. And every time I see a VS I think I have to get one. I have only one custom-made fedora, and it gets absolutely no head time. Go figure.

Fresh from its flight over from Katoomba is the Taupe Fawn Camp Draft (TFCD). A venerable challenger to the BGCD we've been posting so much about recently. This will get a lot of head time along with my Feds and my BGCD.

What the photo may not show well is the color of the liner - a light salmon color. Very striking.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Just a little too chilly here in Central Ohio this morning to be wearing a Panama and a Hawaiian shirt. So for the morning walk with my Lhasa Apso / Poodle it's a Squatter and a jacket for me.

sb6d.jpg

Whoa! I've got a lot of catching up to do! Gentlemen the collection of hats this morning are awesome! You guys look great!

orangegrad, I'm really liking that Fed IV. That's definitely going to be a future hat for me.

casechopper, That VS Camilla is one nice looking lid! Really sharp!

enrique, Even though that '50s Borso may not be exactly the style you like but I'm definitely lovin' it! Awsome lid!

ManofKent, What's left to be said about a Campdraft? Always a class act! You wear it well my friend!

alanfgag, I'm lovin' that Western style Stetson! I've got to get a Western hat!

bowlerman, Awesome lid and a timeless classic!

g.durand, I've got to check into those VS hats! That VS Granite is a class act!

GamaH, The Silverbelly Optimo, now that's a hat! To repeat MoK's question, Is that a 3 inch brim? I love that wide brim.

My apologies if I missed anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82