Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Today I went with my Stratoliner
981e4c4f.jpg

Fantastic choice!!

kiltie

Practically Family
I went up to Austin last night to see Leon Redbone wearing my hat by John Penman and apparently a seriously crooked tie, at this point in the evening-

IMG_2263.jpg

Leon Redbone ( Crummy as heck picture, as cameras were prohibited. You'd never know, but I was only about 25 feet away ) -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_2265.jpg

Things kind of degenerated after the show ( I ended up with a matching one, but by early morning, there was even more of this [ ?!?! ] )-

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_2275.jpg

There must have been ten bands playing up and down 6th Street; the most Ive seen at one time since the early 90's, SXSW notwithstanding.

edit - it looks kinda like I'm having an idea ( water tower or whatever, behind me )

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Adam Tri - Day

Good day folks.

Photo-on-2011-09-25-at-1650-3-M.jpg

Today I was wearing my Adam Tri, brown fedora whilst completing my last chores of the day. Zipped up in a warm fleece and my felt hat on my noggin, I was good for by the lake edge chores. The marvelous hat (minty) has the mesh liner and the featured ribbon of the "Tri version. This hat color is a creamy brown and looks swell. Mesh liner is a slick feature. Leather band is darn near perfect.

Photo-on-2011-09-25-at-1651-2-M.jpg

Good hat day folks! Really nice Strat and other hats today.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I went up to Austin last night to see Leon Redbone wearing my hat by John Penman and apparently a seriously crooked tie, at this point in the evening-

IMG_2263.jpg

Leon Redbone ( Crummy as heck picture, as cameras were prohibited. You'd never know, but I was only about 25 feet away ) -

Looking sharp for a Redbone concert! Hat, outfit work well for that venue. I love Redbone. I make time to see him when he visits our home area of if he is in town when I am traveling. I believe that he is ore than a fine muscian, but represents the troubadour blues/jazz/NY style of the early 1900's grandly. A concert by an entertainer as well as a muscian is a fine treat. Cheers for you!

Best, Eric -

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
As Alan pointed out, it's officially Fall. That means that it's time to go apple picking, hay riding, and pumpkin patching.
DSC_0305-1.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0118-1.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0061-4.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

pumpkin.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
Thanks, SBG.
His guitar playing is what I'll always remember about the live show. I've seen a lot of musicians playing a lot of styles, but never anything quite as effortless and confident as he played. The epitome of 'unconscious competent'.

minkowski1552

New in Town
Hello fellow loungers. Just want to let everyone know there are a couple of nice looking vintage Dobbs on shopgoodwill.com. This site is my favorite place to shop for my style of vintage wear. It is like a poor man's ebay but does contain some very nice product. Good luck bidding.

Glenn

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Modern Stetson Open Road:

Photoon2011-09-25at17593.jpg

I had just come back from a strenuous hike in the hills. I'm still trying to shrink the leather sweatband to fit more. Having owned this since spring, the brim has gotten to be a bit softer, but not "flop in the wind" soft. I usually wear my brim curled up on the sides instead of the way it came, with the brim up but flat looking. I also still haven't worn this in the rain, not once. After what happened to my last one (got bumpy "sore" looking spots on the felt), which I thought to be defective, I won't do it. In your experience, are modern Stetson western felts (4x is mine) OK in the rain?

EggHead

Practically Family
I have heard mixed reviews on modern Stetsons and rain.
Apparently, if you have their highest grade felt, then it's fine, otherwise be cautious.

First try to steam it, it's more of a controlled environment and if the felt starts to settle, it will do it more uniformly.
I have also heard that vacuuming modern Stetsons takes away the colored powder that they use to patch blemishes.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. I'll keep you in mind Aureliano. I sure do wish your head was larger by the looks of some of the beauties you have for sale.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful set of Autumnal photos, Lefty. I was expecting a shot of you hiding behind a Jack-o'-lantern, though, but I suppose Halloween is still over a month away yet. ;)

I'm looking forward to the Jack-o-Lantern carving thread. In the meantime, great spread, Lefty. Especially enjoyed the uplifting photos of your wife in the pumpkin patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82