Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice boat, superb hats and photos as usual, Al!

I'm getting acquainted with the Dobbs 20 that JohnnyJ was kind enough to part with. It's definitely a keeper, so I removed the liner and trolley. Love the felt and fall colors of this hat:

DSCF1229.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice boat, superb hats and photos as usual, Al!

I'm getting acquainted with the Dobbs 20 that JohnnyJ was kind enough to part with. It's definitely a keeper, so I removed the liner and trolley. Love the felt and fall colors of this hat:

DSCF1229.jpg

Why the trolley? unless you don't like the look, those come in handy every now and then.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I leave them on some hats, not on others. They seem a little fussy to me, I guess, and I never use them; if it's windy enough to blow my hat off, I'll leave it somewhere safe.

Stylin' cap, Spencer! Nice width.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Really busy weekend for us.
We stayed in Maine after shoot a great beach wedding on Saturday than flew to Philly to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday with our daughter who is a student at Drexel University.

This was a great opportunity to roll up my "new" rollable Borsalino which rolled into its box nicely and popped right back into shape when released.

Caren and I at 15th Street subway station - I don't think I've ever travelled on a subway system as awful as Philladelphia's.

D335747-L.jpg

We had a fantastic evening of great Italian food and super entertainment at the Victor Cafe - I've been going there for at least 20 years and it is a must go place in Philly for us. Here's Caren and Amelia in the cafe.

D335761-L.jpg

We ordered a taxi to get back to University City. The 3 of us waiting outside on a really warm and humid late September night.

D335771-L.jpg

Caren got a rather special Borsalino for herself as a birthday present as well.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: Welcome aboard, matey!

randooch: Thank you for the kind words. Lovely Dobbs Twenty. They are among my favorite vintage hats, especially the earlier examples like yours.

Ale: Hey, thanks! Never been guilty of such a transgression. ;)

Dinerman: Great looking cap which just oozes character!

David: Great hat and photos! Looks like a busy but intensely satisfying weekend for you and your family. Any pics of the Borsalino couple?

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Ale and Al.

We had such a super weekend, even though we both rather tired right now.

I'm loving the Borsalino, for sure the party trick of rolling up into the neat looking little box is really cool, but it is also a very nice hat to wear. Sure, a little more brim would be nice, but I can see this hat making the difference between having a nice hat to wear and not having one in some circumstances - can only be good!

No Borsalino couple shot yet, Al. We didn't take Caren's new one on the road trip. It's a Marque Grand Luxe in perfect condition that Alan made available. So far I'm resisting the temptation to stretch it a little so I can wear it :D:D

Busy day and great collection of pictures!

Love that sailboat model, AL. Sometimes I wish I could shrink myself down and ride around on your wind trolley. Always great adventures.

David, I forgot to mention the sound chip I put in the Borsalino... got it out of a Hallmark card. It plays some awful eighties tune if you try and put the hat on a stretcher.

We do need a head shot of Caren in her birthday hat... I hope she liked it.

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Hatophile: I have been called a lot of things, but "breezy" is a new one. Made me laugh. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82