Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I keep a similar crease in this 100. I like the look with the brim quite flat and not snapped.

100_1.jpg

Very nice, Sort of Harry Trumanesque.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
nice ones for early Fall, everyone.
I'm squeezing in the last few opportunities to wear my straws before it's too cold. I favor my Milans and wore two of them, two days in a row.
Friday's Biltmore, to rehearsal:
010copyl.jpg

Saturday's Dobbs, to a quick gig:
012copyo.jpg

I rarely do the Dobbs turned up, but it seemed to fit the ensemble better than snapped down today.

I apologize if it's cheating to post two days worth of hats in this thread.

job

One Too Many
I keep thinking about the new Alexandria's but between the price and how some people rag on new Borsalino's I just don't know.....

RBH

Bartender
I keep thinking about the new Alexandria's but between the price and how some people rag on new Borsalino's I just don't know.....
The newer thin ribbon Alessandria is a very nice hat. It does have a high crown but not as full as the older ones. [IMO] I do like the brim length {2 1\2}.
Yes, price wise its something to think on. But it is a fine hat overall. Thin, soft and easy to crease or recrease.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up

I'm with RBH. I too like the modern Alessandria fedoras. Sure, the early ones are better, but you can't just walk into a store and buy one. If you are comfortable spending the money, try on a new one and see what you think.

I have a new one from Bencraft and its great.
But it still does not have the fullness of the older ones.
From the photo I would say your hat does.

I haven't handled one, but this does hat does retain the proportions of a fifties dress western, with greater softness and flexibility. It's one of my steady freddies... a hat I often turn to for travel or if the weather forecast is iffy. These characteristics can still be found in the felt of new Borsalinos. Where I've found them lacking to my taste is in the sweatband and construction details.

Brando11

A-List Customer
I haven't handled one, but this does hat does retain the proportions of a fifties dress western, with greater softness and flexibility. It's one of my steady freddies... a hat I often turn to for travel or if the weather forecast is iffy. These characteristics can still be found in the felt of new Borsalinos. Where I've found them lacking to my taste is in the sweatband and construction details.

I'm so glad to hear that. Alan, that Alessandria looks terrific on you, and between you and Rusty, you've answered my doubts on whether or not to get a new one.

Rusty- is that your Alessandria in your avatar? It looks terrific too-

Thx guys-

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The newer thin ribbon Alessandria is a very nice hat. It does have a high crown but not as full as the older ones. [IMO] I do like the brim length {2 1\2}.
Yes, price wise its something to think on. But it is a fine hat overall. Thin, soft and easy to crease or recrease.

Agree with Rusty. I was at Bencraft last week and handled and tried a couple on (trying to see how thin ribbons fit me... as you all know I'm not too much into them but nothing better than trying them on to solve all doubts) The felt is nice, the crown isn't as full but I feel it could be reblocked to a fuller one. Felt is very nice.

BR Gordon

One Too Many

Any ideas why DelMonico has the Alessandria with 2 3/4" brim and the one from Bencraft is 2 1/2". Otherwise they look the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82