Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
I'd been wearing my beater RS out with the dogs this morning. This afternoon, switch to my grey Borsalino. Not worn this for quite a while. I had been wondering whether to sell it, but I'm thinking that wouldn't be a good idea.

photo-115-L.jpg

Very nice. Sounds like you have already made the decision to keep it. I certainly would!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. Sounds like you have already made the decision to keep it. I certainly would!

Yes, I think so, BZ.
I've been trying to keep my hat collection to about the same number, but selling hats I wear infrequently as I get new ones. This worked fine for a while, but not I don't have any I'd want to part with.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I only have two beater hats, Lefty. One is a cheapo panama from Robert - on sale for $7.99 when I bought it.

The other is a silverbelly Royal DeLux Stetson Open Road style I got for about $40 on eBay. I'd been using my Campdraft for hiking and stuff prior to that, but I liked it too much to want to trash it.

On days like today when it's hot an humid the sweatband on the Stetson wants to shrink after each outing. I keep it on the bandblock I got from Mr Fawcett and it fits perfectly again next time.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It was my 27th Birthday on July 28th, so some friends and I went to the Green Mill Lounge in Chicago to celebrate. There are many pictures, but I havent had my friends email me them yet. These are just a couple of cameras phone shots.

p20110729-072619.jpg

280942_871246103685_2411202_41099954_7440728_o.jpg

279717_789918240837_48602292_37266294_3155764_o.jpg

278723_789918290737_48602292_37266295_4507224_o.jpg

A month prior, it was my friend Larry's 27th Birthday. He also had a little get together at the Green Mill.

06172011448.jpg

06172011449.jpg

06172011450.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It looks like you had a blast. My wife and I saw the Mighty Blue Kings at the Green Mill around a decade ago and loved the place.

Posting this made me look them up, and what do you know - Ross has reformed the band.

Happy belated birthday. :D

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It looks like you had a blast. My wife and I saw the Mighty Blue Kings at the Green Mill around a decade ago and loved the place.

Posting this made me look them up, and what do you know - Ross has reformed the band.

Happy belated birthday. :D

Thanks very much, Lefty!! I try to make it there at least once a month or sometimes once every two months. Every Thursday is Big Band Night with The Alan Gresik’s Swing Shift Orchestra. Its really the only place that you can hear big band stuff in Chicago except for Fitzgeralds in Berwyn. There are Jazz clubs everywhere around the city, but for some reason Big Bands are always hard to track down. Whats amazing about the green Mill is that it really hasn't changed much since the early teens' and still has the trap door behind the bar for escaping gangsters. ;)
I just love how on big band night, many people get dressed up in 30's & 40's clothes and swing dance on a little dance floor right in front of the band. They even broadcast the show live over the air and have announcers do fake 40's style commercials. Its such a wonderful time. My birthday was a blast and people who had never been to the Green Mill before were just amazed.

I have never seen the Mighty Blue Kings, but after looking at their website, I'm most definitely going to try and catch one of their shows if they have one in town.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust