Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
This was the hat I wore today. I've had it four or five years. It's a hat from Miller that they marketed as the "Chicago". I really like this hat, but noticed that Miller no longer offers it on their website.

DSC04151.jpg

I LOVE this hat!:eusa_clap Why do we not see more in this combo of colors and ribbon width cause it looks amazing.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As per usual, it was my Akubra Squatter:
SquatterRandom.jpg

However, a beautiful Akubra Campdraft in Taupe Fawn rolled in this morning, so I'm wearing it trying to decide what bash to put in:
CampdraftUnbashed1-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
I think this hat sucks. Sorry, Bart -- just tryin' to keep it real...:p

[EDIT: OK, you know I'm just kiddin' -- LOVE that Melton! :)]

lol lol I was waiting for someone to be outraged and defend my honor. It didn't happen.lol You know Jimmy, I have some nice vintage lids, not on par with you and some of the other fellas, but this Melton is my nicest. I have that perfect Cavanagh and the felt on this is much finer and shapeable, it's a shame we don't see more of them floating around

Big Man

Mr E Train said:
Nice lookin' hat, Big Man! I like the color and the brim binding. What color is that, sand, maybe, or silverbelly?

Thanks. The color is "silverbelly". I think the lighting in the picture gave it somewhat of a yellowish cast.

Big Man

handlebar bart said:
I LOVE this hat!:eusa_clap Why do we not see more in this combo of colors and ribbon width cause it looks amazing.

Thanks. I was surprised at how much I liked the hat when I got it several years ago. It is a very good quality hat, with dimensions that (I think) fit me well. Several months after ordering this hat, I ordered another in gray. When it arrived, I was disappointed. They had "changed suppliers" and so the new hat was not the same (still OK, but not as "good" as the one in the picture).

When they "get it right", I wish they would stay with it and not try to "improve". :rage:

Neophyte

RBH said:
Now that is the perfect hat for you Neo. You did well! :eusa_clap

Thank you very much. With the Squatter and Campdraft, I hope that the hat-buying addiction will wane, if only for a little bit. Going back to college soon, so I can't be splurging on hats!

"Venture Bros" Doctor Opheus: "Even now I can feel it's evil grip PULL ME BACK IN!"

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Wow. You put a stunner on your tater today Gene.:eusa_clap
lol :)

Thanks, but it's funny how the photo cleans it up. This one's actually more on the beater side. Faded and sweat-stained ribbon, totaled sweatband (but still hangin' in there). One of my go-to felts in the summer heat.

Now, isn't it past your bedtime, young man?... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82