Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
VS Silver Mist...

VS-SM.jpg

Gimmegimmegimme!!!!!!!!

Wow, Jimmy...what a beauty! I want one of these. Did I ever mention that I really dig those lighter colored lids? Well done, Sir! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
...it does kinda look like I mirrored my face. I was planning on getting a Campdraft and trimming down the brim, but the only color that's dark enough is the Bluegrass Green, and I already have an awesome green hat...I do need a grey hat...maybe I'll give Glen Grey a try.

Why don't you go vintage? You may need to muster a lot of patience but if you do you can still get away with some gorgeous hat for cheap. Might take some time before you can bring on home but it's well worth the wait. :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Is that a Vagabond? Or a Playboy?

zetwal said:

I used to put a lot of center dents in my hats but for some reason I've almost completely switched over to the 4-point diamond. Ah, well...come the right hat, I'm sure to go with a good center dent again... :rolleyes:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mario said:
Why don't you go vintage? You may need to muster a lot of patience but if you do you can still get away with some gorgeous hat for cheap. Might take some time before you can bring on home but it's well worth the wait. :)

I have tried, but most vintage hats I found are not in colors I like. Not to mention that 7 3/8 is rarer and, in one of those little twists of fate, has a LOT of competition, especially here on the lounge.

...oh and at age 19, I'm also quite impatient. Besides, I'd like to learn more about hats, shaping them, matching them, and modifying them before I go vintage. Vintage, actually, comes after custom on my list.

This is from the "Any Reason to Buy a New Hat?" thread:

The first hat I bought: I wanted a hat
The second: the first didn't look good on me, so I need to find out what does.
The third: I found what works for me.
The Fourth: coming soon. Found what works for me, but need several colors to coordinate with different outfits.
The Fifth: Haven't contemplated yet, but probably to replace one of the originals after my first attempt at "modification."
The Sixth: Haven't contemplated yet. All my hats have been rabbit fur so far, so I will probably convince myself to try beaver fur.
All others: Custom, custom, custom!!!!!!!!
After that: Vintage, vintage, vintage!!!!!!!
AND After that: No reason, I'm just addicted!

Kinda seems like the downward spiral my addiction will take me, right?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mario said:
Lest you end up with a completely brimless hat. Sort of standalone crown...I'm afraid the kids would love it! :eusa_doh: ;)

lol

...I wonder if I could trim all the sides and turn it into an open crown baseball cap.

.....:kick:

Tone

A-List Customer
Mario said:
Lest you end up with a completely brimless hat. Sort of standalone crown...I'm afraid the kids would love it! :eusa_doh: ;)

lol Yes. The "Stovepipe Brimless". All the rage! Available in multiple color choices and an even more luxurious felt.

I used to put a lot of center dents in my hats but for some reason I've almost completely switched over to the 4-point diamond. Ah, well...come the right hat, I'm sure to go with a good center dent again...

And here I've always put a center dent in everything. I think my next hat will be something specifically for a diamond/4-point type of crease. With a brim, of course. ;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
hanging around some local landmarks

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0171-2.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

The current owner's father started this years ago, and people have been donating horses ever since.

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Jimmy, pour me a pint from the still, will ya? yee haw! Does the back of your brim curl down or up? Looks like down.

Lefty, great photos. I originally am from Cincinnati, Ohio. Have you ever seen the Indian mounds near there?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DRB said:
Jimmy, pour me a pint from the still, will ya? yee haw! Does the back of your brim curl down or up? Looks like down.

It's actually fairly flat in the back, with a very slight upcurl (very reminiscent of my AB Deluxe).

Lefty -- great pics, as always. The carousel fence is beyond fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe