Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Another out of the box of Gurkha SE Maduros I bought recently, accompanied by a Sam Adams Chocolate Bock and Buddy Guy's new album playing low in the background. It was a great way to wind down.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Puros Indios Viejo, sumatra - robusto
This is another $2 stick that I like. Over the last year or so I have been investigating the $2 - $3 cigars to find some decent daily smokes and there are some out there. Keeping an eye out for sales or deals from my online retailers has helped me save a bit of hard earned cash while still having decent stogies.

Are they as good as the premiums? Of course not, but they work for me and help me to keep my hands off the premiums while they age. :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Puros Indios Viejo, sumatra - robusto
This is another $2 stick that I like. Over the last year or so I have been investigating the $2 - $3 cigars to find some decent daily smokes and there are some out there. Keeping an eye out for sales or deals from my online retailers has helped me save a bit of hard earned cash while still having decent stogies.

Are they as good as the premiums? Of course not, but they work for me and help me to keep my hands off the premiums while they age. :D

Ever try any of the auction sites? If you watch your P's and Q's you can get some really good deals on some of the premium cigars.

BobC

A Diesel and a HdM petit robusto on the beach this afternoon before the sky opened up. Most likely a Perdomo ESV '91 tonight after dinner. I've never watched a thunder storm over the ocean before, but it was really cool.

DesertDan

One Too Many
No not any of the auctions, though I probably should look into that, I do take advantage of the daily deals and clearances/specials of my regular online ventors. It has helped me to 'tame the beast' a bit! :D

BobC

No not any of the auctions, though I probably should look into that, I do take advantage of the daily deals and clearances/specials of my regular online ventors. It has helped me to 'tame the beast' a bit! :D

I just picked up a box of Perdomo Patriarch robustos for $74, listed at $130. Not a bad take IMHO.

BobC

Bob,which online outfits to you like most?
I do alot of business with Cigar.com

Try cigarauctioneer.com. It's hosted by Famous Smoke Shop. That's the one I like the best. Another site I like really well and have found incredible prices is atlanticcigar.com. Most of the time you will need to e-mail or call them for box prices, but I have gotten very good prices there. Also, their inventory is more limited than many of the other places. JR cigars has excellent service and a big selection.

BobC

Today a Perdomo ESV '91 maduro and a HdM petit robusto on the beach and an Oliva Serie V double robusto on the balcony after dinner. No better exists.

Yesterday I was standing in the ocean debriding and a stingray swam by. If I had been six feet farther out it would have had to swim around me. They are the coolest animals. They just glide through the water.

Today a Perdomo ESV '91 maduro and a HdM petit robusto on the beach and an Oliva Serie V double robusto on the balcony after dinner. No better exists.

Yesterday I was standing in the ocean debriding and a stingray swam by. If I had been six feet farther out it would have had to swim around me. They are the coolest animals. They just glide through the water.

You had a nice day there. :eusa_clap
I don't know if I would have been so enamoured with a stingray that close to me. I would just keep thinking about Steve Irwin. :eek:shakeshead

BobC

You had a nice day there. :eusa_clap
I don't know if I would have been so enamoured with a stingray that close to me. I would just keep thinking about Steve Irwin. :eek:shakeshead

But if Steve hadn't pulled the stinger out of his chest, he may have lived. I'm sorry that he didn't, but he might have. They are fascinating animals. So graceful, and to be that close to one was amazing.

Every day in paradise in a great day. I so want to live here.

Last edited:

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
IMG_20101030_223338.jpg

Another Gurkha and a seasonal Sammy from the 24 pack sampler I picked up at Sam's Club.

BobC

Great day today in paradise. PSD4 on the beach this afternoon then after dinner I introduced a friend to La Traviata maduro. A few days ago the told me he didn't like maduros, so tonight I invited him to have a La Trav. I think he may have changed his mind.

Great day today in paradise. PSD4 on the beach this afternoon then after dinner I introduced a friend to La Traviata maduro. A few days ago the told me he didn't like maduros, so tonight I invited him to have a La Trav. I think he may have changed his mind.

Anopther PSD4? You really are on vacation. :D
I had a Diplomaticos No.2. These are getting stronger as they age.:eek:;)

BobC

Today a RyJ Short Churchill and a 601 Green on the beach. We stayed late and had dinner on the patio next to the ocean. Very nice way to spend the evening. Tonight a smoke on the balcony with a Glenmorangie, but I haven't decided what yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe