Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Sure. Blame me. All we have to do is go back in this thread and see how many dozen you smoke in a week. ;) :p
I think you can buy stock in CAO. You might even get a deal on the cigars. Maybe a free ashtray once in a while. ;)
:eek: Well I never!! I'm shocked!!lol lol Instead os stock I'll settle for field representative...;)

P.S. you can't go back in the thread they disappeared!:p lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
A. Fuente Gran Reserva..:D

fuente.jpg

indycop said:
:eek: Well I never!! I'm shocked!!lol lol Instead of stock I'll settle for field representative...;)

P.S. you can't go back in the thread they disappeared!:p lol

Would you settle for distributor in your area or marketeer for their brand in your area? :p
:eusa_doh: Looks like you are right. A page or two of past posts looks to be gone. Drat! Well, anyone who knows, knows You are the CAOboy here. :p
I am the Partagas Culebra guy and Alec Bradley guy I guess. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Thats a box not a bundle. :p
I am sure you will probably get a box of CAO anyway. :p ;)
Nooo A box comes in a box and a bundle comes in a bundle!!lol lol lol sheesh, you no cheat Dr. jones!!:D
Have you seen the CAO videos on youtube?:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Since I catch so much for CAO:p :D I thought I would share this as to more reason why I like them! I emailed them earlier about the MERCH section on the CAO site. It has had a tshirt section that said coming soon for a while now soo...
This is his reply copied from my email, Phone numbers deleted but what got me was that he answered my email at 8 something at night from his Blackberry!That's customer service!!; :D :D :D :D

Anyway, here it is;

John - thanks for your email.

I understand where you're coming from, but truth be told, we probably won't be seeing any t-shirts before summer.

That said, I did a very limited run of CAO/Ed Hardy tees a while ago and still have adew XL and 2XL left...I'd be happy to gift you one as a token of our appreciation for your support.

Just let me know...

Best,

Jon A. Huber
Director of Lifestyle Marketing

CAO International, Inc.
(615) ***_****[p]
(615) ***-****[f]

www.caointernational.com

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

rbbrock

Familiar Face
indycop said:
Since I catch so much for CAO:p :D I thought I would share this as to more reason why I like them! I emailed them earlier about the MERCH section on the CAO site. It has had a tshirt section that said coming soon for a while now soo...
This is his reply copied from my email, Phone numbers deleted but what got me was that he answered my email at 8 something at night from his Blackberry!That's customer service!!; :D :D :D :D

Anyway, here it is;

John - thanks for your email.

I understand where you're coming from, but truth be told, we probably won't be seeing any t-shirts before summer.

That said, I did a very limited run of CAO/Ed Hardy tees a while ago and still have adew XL and 2XL left...I'd be happy to gift you one as a token of our appreciation for your support.

Just let me know...

Best,

Jon A. Huber
Director of Lifestyle Marketing

CAO International, Inc.
(615) ***_****[p]
(615) ***-****[f]

www.caointernational.com

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Now that's customer service!

Last night I sat down with a Bolivar Royal Corona I received in a trade a while back. It was quite good, with all the Bolivar oomph, but I still like the PC best - it seems to have more flavor, or at least a more distinct flavor.

I forgot to mention that I tried the Nub habano 464T torpedo. I was surprised as I really didn't expect much and a short smoke. It was much more.
The draw was perfect for a cigar with that big of a ring guage. It produced tons of smoke even when I was not drawing on it. I loved the meaty mouth feel of it. No spongy stuff here. The cigar instantly delivers the cedar and leather . I thought I could get away with saying this is a light bodied cigar but it got me in the end. Not as strong as say a Culebra, it still delivers power. This thing had a loooong finish too, which surprised me. It rounded out with a little sweetness and earthy tones.
What really surprised me was how long it took to smoke. I figured 30 minutes maximum. More like 45 easily. Then again, I wanted to get everything I could out of this baby so I nubbed the NUB. ;) :p It would have burned right up to the end had I not finally given up. The cigar was still burning when I put it down though. :eek:
I can understand IC's concerns about burning hot. At the beginning, before it hung a decent ash, I cut back on the puffs a bit to allow it to draw cool. After a few minutes though it had some ash on it and it insulated it a bit from burning so hot. I would like to see how much ash these things can hold but alas I accidentally dropped it in an effort to keep my son from climbing some stairs unwatched. :eusa_doh: By then it had hung half its length in ash---and I don't mean whimpy flaky ash. It was a solid mass. I don't understand how they can make it draw like a panatela with that much girth, yet still hang a solid ash.
In short, I liked it. I had to baby it at first but it was worth it. This applys only to this particular "model" though as I have not tried the other 11 types they offer. I am leaving the four Cameroons for last still. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Late last night I had a Padron Londres, Deelovely had an Oliva series G maduro. She thought the Padron seemed stronger than the Oliva and I thought the Oliva seemed stronger than the Padron...:eusa_doh: [huh] :D

Ok, which one of you got the spins first then? ;) :p
Seriously, I find that each person has their own tolerance for power in cigars. They also have their own tastes so I tend to use publications like Cigar Aficianado purely as a guide to what I might end up liking. Just like you can take what I say about any cigar I might have panned.

rbbrock

Familiar Face
Last night I sat down with a lovely Bolivar Royal Corona. It was good, with all that Bolivar oomph, but I still like the Boli PC better. It has all the strength, but the flavor is more defined, it doesn't just steamroll your palate the way the RC did. lol I may have to try one of the BBFs I have from that same trade and see how they compare. ;)

Just got in a box (10 cigars IC;) ) of La Gloria Cubana Tainos. Looking forward to this weekend that is for sure. ;) :D
Bolivar Royal Coronas are pretty darned good to me RB. ;) I take it you don't like the peppery/earthy taste as much as the leather, cedar and coffee. :D Didn't the Royal Crowns used to be named Charles? Whatever the case, for the price they are excellent---both the RC and PC.
If you think this is cigar steamrolls your palate then you need to try the Partagas D4. The Bolivar is a baby next to the D4. The D4 is the blow your head off cigar next to it. ;) :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe