Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Aaah! I was going to pop off and say Joe South originally wrote it. I think he's given the credit on the Deep Purple album it's on. I Googled, though, and his name isn't mentioned anywhere in connection with it.

Either way, that's obviously the definitive arrangement.
First recording that I remember of "Hey Joe" was by the Byrds in the early 60's.

PS: I'll just add that I never thought that Monika Dannamann had anything to do with his death really, but I don't think she ever told everything that she knew about his death. Even in her book yrs later. Some people thing that her own death was not a suicide. I have no informed opinion.

Last edited:
It's not bad, no. I can't listen to Stairway to Heaven either. That brings on full convulsions. I spent my teens and early 20s working in record/ head shops. I developed a sensitivity. [emoji6]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Can't count the number of High School dances that had the Stairway theme. Try living here where so many think "Sweet Home Alabama" is the greatest Skynard song ever. Only tolerate it on game day.

EstherWeis

Vendor
It's not bad, no. I can't listen to Stairway to Heaven either. That brings on full convulsions. I spent my teens and early 20s working in record/ head shops. I developed a sensitivity. [emoji6]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Ah, I hear you.
My father worked as a sound technician for the radio for many years. He has exactly the same thing.

He has this habit of zoning out. He'll hear but not listen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82