Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Yeah... Janis was beautiful in that she sang like the music sang her (if that makes any sense). Just totally into it... Almost as if her whole person would take flight into the music.

Fantastic Big Momma Thornton! And yeah... Ann Wilson would be able to crush the blues. I need to check out Beth Hart. I've never listened to her.

That five day festival was a mere 3 months before Janis's 10/04 death. Buddy Guy, The Band, The Dead, Janis, Maria Muldaur, Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, etc... Crazy line-up.

Here is the whole Festival Express documentary. It is tremendously fun and includes a great jam session with a bunch of the participants at the end. There are worse ways to spend an hour and a half of time.

Thanks for that. I've never seen it. I'll have to fire that up on the big screen this weekend.

Dittos on Janis. Her and Billie Holliday had IT.

Double dittos on Ann Wilson sings the blues, Jack. She'd knock it out of the park.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that. I've never seen it. I'll have to fire that up on the big screen this weekend.

Dittos on Janis. Her and Billie Holliday had IT.

Double dittos on Ann Wilson sings the blues, Jack. She'd knock it out of the park.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Dude... You are going to love it. The whole thing is awesome. Wait until you see Janis's and Buddy Guy's performances. [emoji2]

Afterwards you will say...

I grew up listening to them.
This still makes me happy every time I hear it.

It's funny, last week, my wife and I were watching an old Lawrence Welk episode with them as guests, and then you post that. Serendipity!

It's not Sibelius, but it's kind of similar (in my bizzarro world, anyway).

Guilty pleasure

What I tell people I listen to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82