Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Mike, I agree with you on the liners and even the felt. I personally like this Resistol better than the Stetson Open Roads from that era. I still wonder what model it is. I assume it is a San Antonio but have no way of knowing it. I wonder if the number inside the hat can be deciphered to determine the model.

John Galt

Vendor
Mike, I agree with you on the liners and even the felt. I personally like this Resistol better than the Stetson Open Roads from that era. I still wonder what model it is. I assume it is a San Antonio but have no way of knowing it. I wonder if the number inside the hat can be deciphered to determine the model.

Why not call Resistol?

g.durand

One Too Many
Here is a new one, a "Dalworth". I'm assuming that's a reference to Dallas and Ft. Worth. Not sure of the dating. Maybe someone with some Resistol knowledge can weigh in. I can say this is one of the finest pieces of felt I've come across, dense, very finely pounced with a buttery soft hand, supple and easy to shape. One spot on the brim and a loose ribbon that needs to be tacked down, but pretty darned nice otherwise.

dalworth2_zps3160fe9c.jpg

dalworth3_zpsde491c8f.jpg

dalworth4_zps9033e8db.jpg

dalworth5_zps0dbad740.jpg

dalworth6_zpsaf6f6f51.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Very nice Michael! I don't think I have seen a vintage Resistol 10X Beaver before. I would guess late 50's maybe early 60's for the date of manufacture. The liner looks 50's but the sweat looks newer to me. Great hat!

Beautiful hat Michael, and in pristine shape. I'd guess a more recent model, because as Mike pointed out, it's a 10X, and also because Dallas and Ft. Worth used to be two different cities.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I got this hat and tried to research about it but almost nothing came out and "Resistol Hats" on facebook was not very helpful only telling me it was a hat made between 1970 and 1972. Don't know the relation this hat might have with the "Resistol 20" ORs, if it is the same felt or not.
The seller told me it had a 3.5" brim but in ended to be a stingy (phun intended you know ;)) 3" brim. I do like the Fort Worth crease, like the color, the felt feels really nice (almost like the 7XCB), fit's nice in the head but that 3" brim...
This is a Resistol BR Westerns "20".
brw01.jpg

brw02.jpg

brw03.jpg

brw04.jpg

brw05.jpg

brw06.jpg

brw07.jpg

brw08.jpg

brw09.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, guys, for weighing in on the Dalworth. Mike, I'm thrown a little bit by the liner/sweatband combo myself, but you and Jared probably have it right with the '50s-'60s time frame.

dh--they would probably call the hat the "Metroplex" now.

Joao-- nice one. I like that crease, too. Don't you think a man needs at least one stingy brim hat in his collection? ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe