Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Swell! Thanks you two, I actually do have a vintage sewing book (duh) I forgot about it... I'll look in it when I have a chance, a lady in my building gave it to me, it's either from the 40's or 50's, it's a Singer book... anyway, one question though, what does "on the bias" mean? I'm so scared to work with my plaid fabric EEK!!!!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
This week's fixes:

simp2680.jpg
mo9639.jpg

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I just bought this during JoAnn's after-Thanksgiving sale, and am working on altering the pattern to fit me. Some of the construction looks trickier than I thought at first glance - for instance, that shoulder yoke seam is actually an opening for the neckline, closed by snaps. It also has a fitted lining (which, BTW, is a good thing). Anyone made this yet? I know it's a new pattern, but maybe someone was quicker than me. :)

B5281repro.jpg

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
ShoreRoadLady said:
I just bought this during JoAnn's after-Thanksgiving sale, and am working on altering the pattern to fit me. Some of the construction looks trickier than I thought at first glance - for instance, that shoulder yoke seam is actually an opening for the neckline, closed by snaps. It also has a fitted lining (which, BTW, is a good thing). Anyone made this yet? I know it's a new pattern, but maybe someone was quicker than me. :)

B5281repro.jpg

I just got it a couple of weeks ago...I'm going to make it once I lose a bit more weight, I'm going to do it in a nice deep blue

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Oh Amy, that blouse pattern is great! I have been looking for a nice 30s blouse pattern for ages - I'm *really* fussy about what I like but the one with the collar is great for everyday.

When I have some spare cash, I might have to get that one. :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Sis, I know what you mean! Those 30s blouse patterns are like gold. Finding good ones are hard! The one you've found at evadress, AmyJeanne, is lovely!

I got these two little patterns for only $3.75 for both :D
7c2f_1.JPG

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
L1020594.jpg

I waited for this for a month from Past Patterns. OMG I LOVE IT! This is exactly the style I like -- 30s/sporty/feminine/college-y. I might be too old for it, but I could care less!

1940s_simp_pattern-1.jpg

And I got this at that EVIL store Jo-Ann's. EVIL, I tell ya! Good thing this was the only retro pattern they had in both my size and style combination or I would've racked up a big bill that day :eek:

3322PR-1.jpg

I'm almost done making these from EvaDress. They're coming along just dandily.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Can't wait to see those overalls all made up! I have that pattern too....somewhere in my pile of things to do. :)

And another to add to that pile:

1391holly2.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
They're quite a learning experience!! I'll post them on here when they're done.

I also just bought this on my lunchbreak because I am weak. Weak for buttons. WEAK.

160e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe