Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
VintageVogue7464.jpg

RetroButterick52B4919.jpg

RetroButterick57B4513.jpg

RetroButterick47B5209.jpg

VintageVogue2561-1.jpg

VintageVogue2401-1.jpg

VintageVogue2962.jpg

VintageVogue2859.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
462a_12.jpg

5563_1_sbl.jpg

65ed_12.jpg

6f33_12.jpg

d270_12.jpg

And these two illustrate my pet peeve with sellers with patterns: taking a crooked picture:

pattern4160.jpg

pattern6886.jpg

How hard is it to get the whole pattern squared off in the photo? :eusa_doh:

tucci4me

New in Town
Vintage Lutterloh

MissMissy said:
I have some most excellent news!!!!! I had been scouring e-bay and internet used book stores for a retro fifties Lutterloh book in my price range with no luck (someone in CA has a $600 price tag on theirs, and there is one on Amazon for $355[huh] ). Well just today I decided to e-mail Frank Lutterloh and ask if they planned on re-releasing the vintage books and much to my surprise he sent a response right away saying it's a great idea and that they are working on it and to keep checking their website for the additions!!!:D :D :D

Since he didn't have an exact time frame I would have to believe they are in the beginning stages of the process but I will continue to check the site and of course report back here when anything becomes available.

Yay, I'm so excited.

Missy

Hi Missy, I have also noticed that Mr. Lutterloh is very prompt in responding to questions. Just last month I asked him if we were allowed to trade our vintage patterns. His response was that we are not allowed to post any patterns to the internet but we are allowed to make copies. I find this a very exciting prospect! I am hoping to find someone willing to trade copies of their 30s - 40s patterns for some of my 40's - 60s patterns. If anyone is interested please send me a private e-mail.

Ann in Calif.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
All I Got...

L1020499.jpg

Maybe these look familiar?

skirt_pattern2.gif

Haven't gotten it in the mail yet -- late 1930s sports skirt!

skirt_pattern.jpg

Haven't gotten this in the mail yet, either. Just bought it today.

And I have some repros from EvaDress:
6222-1.jpg

1935 German sundress

650-1.jpg

1934 "Lounging" attire. I LOVE 30s sports/casual wear!!

I'm new to sewing -- this is all I have so far :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MissAmelina said:
RAH!!! I just got the McCardell pattern from Eva Dress too!! Thank you for posting....I've been wanting that for quite some time! Maybe a bunch of us should make it in December for the holidays and compare notes!:eusa_clap
I am going try try and make if for The Snow Ball here in Minneapolis. I want to do it in polished cotton.
And tempestbella42 the website is www.evadress.com

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
And a terrible picture of it, but the black blouse in the lower left corner is why I bought this one:

8539_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

YES! I have seen that pattern before! Lucky you! The one I found was too small and I was too lazy to buy it and grade it up....Can't wait to see it all made up!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love the skirt with the button.
I got this because it looks straightforward, I have been making a lot of stupid mistakes latley and really wanted something with no suprises.
il_430xN.8275300.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Okay, this is IT!

I remember reading that a common pattern of the Taurus sign is materialism---and I used to scoff when I'd see that---but now that I am a vintage pattern *addict*, it seems most fitting. Hey! Lots of puns in that sentence! Pattern, Material, Seams, Fitting....it's just meant to be! I'm absolved!

Seriously though, I had already reached my "pattern buying quota" for the month, but I could not resist these! In fact, I think was the most excited for this auction than any other. And now I need to cancel my ebay account........:)

3dresses.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
167h.jpg

I just bought this on my lunch break. DAMN! Everyone was right -- vintage patterns are addicting. I'm not even that good of a sewer yet -- yet I'm aiming high! :)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
167h.jpg

I just bought this on my lunch break. DAMN! Everyone was right -- vintage patterns are addicting. I'm not even that good of a sewer yet -- yet I'm aiming high! :)

That is so fantastic I can hardly stand it!!! Where did you find it?? Wait...don't tell me....I already have enough patterns...... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe