Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Vegan_Kitty said:
Ha ok cool, I didnt realise it was still available for download :)

Tee hee. I tried to pm you for it, but it said that I couldn't PM you for some reason. Is your box full?

I did a few google searches for it ;) I was WAY excited when I found it!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
vogue5381-35c.jpg

I thought this was so interesting. A pattern of different shoulder pads! It also has a shell pattern in multiple sizes. How Cool!

LD

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
maggiethespy said:
Tee hee. I tried to pm you for it, but it said that I couldn't PM you for some reason. Is your box full?

I did a few google searches for it ;) I was WAY excited when I found it!

Im not sure about my inbox, I cant seem to find it, :/ Im only new here and i havnt had any messages yet so i dont know?? haha

Anyway im glad you found it, its really nice to be able to download a pattern for free rather than wait for them to come in the post. I wish there were more places to download vintage patterns online.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Vegan_Kitty said:
oh ok thank you Fleur De Guerre :)
:eek:fftopic: Now I feel like a total goof-- I didn't even look at your post count. ;)

Have you ladies heard of BurdaStyle before? It's an open-source sewing site meaning that all of it's patterns should be free, but they do charge for some. Even then it's only about $2.00. You print them exactly like you would the V&A pattern. None of them are overtly vintage, but they could be modified for repro's and some have a very vintage feel. They also offer some knitting patterns, How-To guides, a discussion forum, and a Sewpedia (sewing encyclopedia-- how clever!)

I'm just dying to make the Wiesn Drindl. I think the AMC Dress is very mod and could be even more so with a few alterations to the sleeves. I've cut out Sabrina but haven't started sewing yet. I really need to get on that because it's an ADOREABLE pattern! It has POCKETS!!!!!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
vogue5381-35c.jpg

I thought this was so interesting. A pattern of different shoulder pads! It also has a shell pattern in multiple sizes. How Cool!

LD

I put this in my watch list the other day and went to buy it this morning, but it was sold!! I'm sure you'll use it a lot more than I ever would, so I'll stop sulking now :eek:

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Here are my new beauties....I can't wait to make that blouse!

Is it bad to buy patterns when you have hardly any grocery money? :)

40sskirt3.jpg
50sdresspan.jpg
ny40stop.jpg
40sskirt2.jpg

An ebay seller found a bunch at an estate sale and they were all my size...I could have gotten a few more, but a girls gotta eat.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Amelia, I have that New York blouse pattern! Never seen another copy. Neat! Good finds. I really like the high waisted skirt pattern.

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
maggiethespy said:
:eek:fftopic: Now I feel like a total goof-- I didn't even look at your post count. ;)

Have you ladies heard of BurdaStyle before? It's an open-source sewing site meaning that all of it's patterns should be free, but they do charge for some. Even then it's only about $2.00. You print them exactly like you would the V&A pattern. None of them are overtly vintage, but they could be modified for repro's and some have a very vintage feel. They also offer some knitting patterns, How-To guides, a discussion forum, and a Sewpedia (sewing encyclopedia-- how clever!)

I'm just dying to make the Wiesn Drindl. I think the AMC Dress is very mod and could be even more so with a few alterations to the sleeves. I've cut out Sabrina but haven't started sewing yet. I really need to get on that because it's an ADOREABLE pattern! It has POCKETS!!!!!

Oh My!!! I did not know about that website, thank you so much! I totally want to make the heidi dress, among others.

And i totally agree with you about the AMC dress.:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
mccall5513.jpg

I picked up this little day dress pattern. Its missing a the short sleeve, and i dont care because there are two other sleeves in it, but its got written, in big red marker on the back of the envelope "missing short sleeve'' :rage:

Oh well.

LD

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Lady Day, that is a very cute pattern, I love day dresses!! and look, the long sleeves are very fall like :) Actually, I did this yesterday, took me forever, but my play suit pattern was missing the collar and I recreated it, it took alot of math calculations and measuring of other pieces in the pattern, but I did it!! Maybe you could try that?

I thought I'd post pictures of all the patterns I have, but instead of posting all of them on here and slowing down the server, I posted them to a photobucket album which will be updated everytime I have a new pattern!! Oh btw, if anyone can tell me the approxiamate years of some of the brown papered patterns, that would be great, I'm not sure if they're late 30's or early 40's... Anyway, visit this link for my patterns :)

My Vintage Patterns

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
RAH!!! I just got the McCardell pattern from Eva Dress too!! Thank you for posting....I've been wanting that for quite some time! Maybe a bunch of us should make it in December for the holidays and compare notes!:eusa_clap

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
MissAmelina said:
RAH!!! I just got the McCardell pattern from Eva Dress too!! Thank you for posting....I've been wanting that for quite some time! Maybe a bunch of us should make it in December for the holidays and compare notes!:eusa_clap

Where are you guys getting this pattern? I'd like to see what else they have. It would be a great Christmas dress wouldn't it?? :)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
On the evadress.com homepage! Yes...i think it would be fun to whip one up next month....something in green. A girl can never have too many green dresses!!

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
MissAmelina said:
On the evadress.com homepage! Yes...i think it would be fun to whip one up next month....something in green. A girl can never have too many green dresses!!

thank you missAmelina...im in the uk and havent seen their site before...proberly a good thing as i know ill want loads from it!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld