Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Rue - your home is beautiful and so cosy looking - the archway separating the two rooms - well, I just love it - what an unusual shape! Looking forward to seeing more photos when you are unpacked!

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Like so many others before me I just wanted to say: Rue, this is a beautiful house - and what you did with it is even more beautiful. It is breathtaking! I'm a little envious...

rue

Wow! Looks great Rue!

Rue - your home is beautiful and so cosy looking - the archway separating the two rooms - well, I just love it - what an unusual shape! Looking forward to seeing more photos when you are unpacked!

Like so many others before me I just wanted to say: Rue, this is a beautiful house - and what you did with it is even more beautiful. It is breathtaking! I'm a little envious...

Thank you all so much!! :D

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ok so here is our house form the outside for those of you who haven't seen it, this is our big pink house. Here are the pictures that were being asked for. The only thing I didn't put in here is the basement because it's no fun. We haven't changed the outside of the house except to add a flag mount so we can have the stars and stripes outside everyday.
home2.jpg

hall from the from before us
hallfrontbefore.jpg

Now
hallfront.jpg

The hall from the back of the house before us
hallbackbefore.jpg

Now (we changed the hall/ foyer color from an awful tan to a neutral historic preservation yellow all the colors we picked are historic preservation colors)
hallback.jpg

The kitchen before us (fire engine red)
kitchenbefore2.jpg

Now it's a much more me shade of green
kitchen2.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Last edited:

Grant Fan

Practically Family
The dinning room before
dinningroombefore.jpg

Now (in my favorite color)
dinningroom2.jpg

dinningroom.jpg

My studio before (they used it as a sun room)
studiobefore.jpg

And now as my studio
the bookcases
studioshelves.jpg

painting side
studio.jpg

sewing side
studio2.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Master (I have no before also please excuse my boyfriends gym bag on the floor)
master.jpg

master2.jpg

Guest room (also no before)
guestroom2.jpg

guestroom.jpg

Office before (they used it strictly as a guest room we use it as both office and guest room)
guestroombefore.jpg

Now
office.jpg

office3.jpg

office2.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Full bath before (complete with pink wainscoting and purple walls)
fullbathbefore.jpg

Now (blue green walls and white wainscoting)
fullbath.jpg

original hardware from 1925
fullbathhardware2.jpg

fullbathhardware.jpg

The really nice and to be honest much more costly than we could have ever indulged in scones they put up
fullbathlight.jpg

The attic that we hope to renovate into a master suite
Attic2.jpg

Attic.jpg

The half bath that never seems to get better only worse, it's awful but the plan is to put in a white pedestal skin and put up paintable wallpaper with a bamboo pattern and paint it a light green.
bathroomrenivation.jpg

Last edited:

rue

Wow Grant fan! You've done a wonderful job on the house bringing it back to it's beautiful self and I love that yellow! Mind if I ask what color it is?
There's always that one room that drives you crazy lol I'm sure the bathroom will be great in no time :)

Thank you for the compliment on my house :D

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Wow Grant fan! You've done a wonderful job on the house bringing it back to it's beautiful self and I love that yellow! Mind if I ask what color it is?
There's always that one room that drives you crazy lol I'm sure the bathroom will be great in no time :)

Thank you for the compliment on my house :D
Rue which yellow? The living room or the hall or the office?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
The one in the hall, although all three are great :)

Rue the color is called Oatlands Yellow. All the colors are from Lowes, they have a line that is form the National Trust for Historic Preservation. There are tons of great colors.

Grant Fan - lovely house! I love your color choices, especially the greens!

Thanks so much, the greens are my boyfriends favorites too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld