Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good look, Vol. I especially like the sepia. The wide earrings through which one can look give you a pleasantly eccentric cast -- like old pictures of Fakir Musafar with his corset.

volatile

A-List Customer
Doran said:
Good look, Vol. I especially like the sepia. The wide earrings through which one can look give you a pleasantly eccentric cast -- like old pictures of Fakir Musafar with his corset.

Indeed. Well, something like that anyway. I wouldn't want to be seen to be aping ol' Ron too closely, but my entire raison-d'etre at the moment amounts to something approaching creative anachronism. I have lots of tattoos (though mainly inspired by 1930s / 40s motifs), and whilst the stretched lobes are definitely not in keeping with the period dress, it does keep things amusingly off-kilter, IMHO! :)

Thanks for the compliments!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
catrindecocm6.jpg

¬°Hello everyone!
New here. Been snoopin' around the forum for quite some time now ¬°Love it!
Here I am from head to toes..with my 'Richman Brothers' Sport Coat dated 1941. Vintage Tie, French Cuffed shirt and Brown 'Biltmore' Trousers that come from a suit I own, but combine with other jackets from time to time. Vintage Cap Toe Shoes to finish it off.
Hope I can contribute to the Lounge!

Regards,
=Adrian=

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
=Clipper= said:
catrindecocm6.jpg

¬°Hello everyone!
Here I am from head to toes..with my 'Richman Brothers' Sport Coat dated 1941. Vintage Tie, French Cuffed shirt and Brown 'Biltmore' Trousers that come from a suit I own, but combine with other jackets from time to time. Vintage Cap Toe Shoes to finish it off.

Regards,
=Adrian=

Welcome!
A very nice, clean and sleek looking outfit there. Excellent.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I was about to ask that myself. It's got that yellowish/magenta tint to it that old color photos fade to.

Were it not for the cars in the background, it would be VERY difficult to tell that wasn't an old photo.

That's a great look, Adrian.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Volatile, The Wingnut, Thank You!

Yes, I actually dabbled with filters on Photoshop to get that 'vintage' tint you gents are talking about. Requires alot of adjusting of the lighting as well and, obviously, the tint varies when in less well-lit shots. Still trying to master the technique but so far so good!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Background

The Wingnut said:
I was about to ask that myself. It's got that yellowish/magenta tint to it that old color photos fade to.

Were it not for the cars in the background, it would be VERY difficult to tell that wasn't an old photo.

That's a great look, Adrian.

If only the car was more 40-50s it would be a wrap!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
=Clipper= said:
catrindecocm6.jpg

¬°Hello everyone!

Regards,
=Adrian=

You have the look nailed! Wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld