Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Rooster

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Labeled "Kravin Park Clothes" - "Exclusively Tailored for Watzman's, Wellsburg, W. Va."
Beautiful dual-stripe flannel in powder blue and silver-grey on grey-blue. My guess as to vintage: 1940-47.
Needs a press up but fits very nicely all in all.

The picture is meant to portray a mountain man in his best and only suit, with his pet owl (whose usual job is scaring sparrows out of my awning).
2103831336_04a5a80323_o.jpg
You can always tell an original Iowan....;)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Actually, this pic reminds me alarmingly of snapshots of my Italian hillbilly ancestors from waaay up in the Apennines, except they were not unkempt and didn't normally carry owls.

The hat is a Borsalino. There is an alleyway, nothing more, in the little town they came from (Orezzoli) called Via Borsalino. Of course they also have a Via Enrico Fermi, and he didn't come from there any more than Giuseppe Borsalino did.

Finally, more Italians emigrated to Appalachia than you might think, altho they were miners and steelworkers and things, not backwoodsmen.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
Actually, this pic reminds me alarmingly of snapshots of my Italian hillbilly ancestors from waaay up in the Apennines, except they were not unkempt and didn't normally carry owls.

PLEEEEEEEEASE POST THOSE PHOTOS. Don't just tease us like that!

Marty M.

Vendor
Aha, now I know.

So that's why Feraud and Senator Jack made me sit next to him at that pizza joint last summer. Here all this time I thought that Fletch was just a little eccentric not nutty.
Marty Mathis

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here's vintage orphaned jacket and vest I recently picked up.

They are "J.C. Pennys" brand, no other tags. They fit me perfectly but the jacket is very rough and as such is unwearable. The vest is perfect condition, however. 1930s I believe.

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

DSCF1342.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, sadly, it is technically no longer my suit. But for lack of a better place to post, behold, one of the finest suits I have ever seen. Picked it up at an antique mall here in Seattle. Not cheap, and a bit big, so I decided that the cost of tailoring plus the price was just too rich for my blood.

It is now in the hands of Roberto in San Francisco and will surely find a new home soon.

Four piece, two pair of slacks. Always wondered why two pairs wre always pleated and non pleated. You would think that if you wanted a spare pair, you would want whichever your preference was twice. Was this possibly some distinction as to daytime evening or something like that?

Anyway, vested, belted back. Like a fool, I forgot to take a shot of the back, which is kind of the whole point N'est pas? pleated patch pockets and I think bone buttons. Only four buttons due to the style and patch pockets I guess. Beautiful all around.

Seems to be late thirties, beautiful soft wook in a muted plaid with windowpane. This was one fine suit. I guess I should have pinned it to fit me for abetter shot, but you get the idea.

Picture079.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture083-1.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe