Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Wild Root

Gone Home
And as one should; seeing these are antique to a point. These suits aren't just used clothes; they're true survivors and a link to our history of the greatest generation.

=WR=

Vanessa

One Too Many
JohnTims007.jpg

The Gray Suit

27b5462c.jpg

The Blue Suit

Wild Root

Gone Home
Exactly how are they dressing better then we? They're just dressing as WE do!:rolleyes:

Myrna Loy did this for a photo shoot once in the mid 30's.
myrnaloyinsuityb6.jpg

I have to admit that some may find it a cute thing to do (Women dressing in men's clothes) but, dear Myrna lost a lot of charm wile looking like Cagney.

=WR=

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
But, Marlene Seemed To Pull It Off!

Wild Root said:
I have to admit that some may find it a cute thing to do (Women dressing in men's clothes) but, dear Myrna lost a lot of charm wile looking like Cagney.

marlene_dietrich_gallery_4-1.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I am so laughing.

Every time I get something new, a hat, jacket, whatever, put it on and think, "you so sharp, you gonna cutcherself..." Then my wife or daughter puts it on and it looks perfect. And I have to schlump away.

Lauren, you look better in those than any fellow ever could!

PS: I can hear a thousand voices asking "What are those SHOES?" with the blue number...

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Back from the Tailor!

Originally a size 38-ish suit now a >36. I had the body and shoulders taken in a bit and the sleeves narrowed. The waist of the trousers was taken in and let out some of the hem. It still has the 2 inch cuffs, though. Soooo here she is- my vintage gray Curlee Clothes suit.

Front
CIMG4154.jpg

Back
CIMG4155.jpg

Esky Pose
CIMG4156.jpg

How do you do?
CIMG4159.jpg

The trousers have dropped belt loops and the rise hits right around my navel. The inseam was originally too short so I had to let out about 1/2". I'm liking them a little short right now. In the pictures I'm wearing them a little higher than I usually would. During daily wear I'd imagine they'd just kiss my shoes.

Hiking them up
CIMG4160.jpg

Front
CIMG4163.jpg

Side
CIMG4165.jpg

Back
CIMG4166.jpg

I <3 Pleats
CIMG4162.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Excellent

Your tailor does nice work. I like the way the jacket is nipped in at the sides. Great suit and now it fits you about perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld