Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
:eek:
IMG_0652.jpg
Why can't I find something like that!?!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Amazing! I had one almost like that once! Same brand as well! It was a little too short for me so, I sold it years ago... it's was a nice wool!

Let's see some photos of it when it's back from the tailors!

=WR=

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Will do! The button stance seems a little low for me. The top working button hits around my waist, whereas in an ideal world, it would hit around the ribs and the bottom button would be level with the pocket. I'll look around for any union labels for dating when I get it back. I'm guessing 40's or 50's (the lapels don't have enough belly to be 30's but aren't super huge like the late 40's/early 50's stuff)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Ghost is right about the suit's age.

Notice how the jacket's bottom buttons lie below the hip pocket openings. In nearly every case, this indicates a post-1940 manufacture date.

Double-breasted jackets from the 1930s almost always had their bottom buttons at the exact same level as that of the hip pocket openings.

In the photos below, you can clearly see the different locations of the bottom buttons:

157055769.jpg
suitshirttie004.jpg
[

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Apart from the buttons, as you mentioned.
That screengrab came out very small, but the button stance on Bogie's suit is identical to mine. The movie was released in 1941.

Marc, it's a very minor detail that can drastically change the look of a suit IMHO. This little change in button stance allows you to wear the DB jacket POW style, rolled to the bottom button, or the regular way using the top button. This picture is a 4x2, not a 6x2, but has similar high button stance.
the20windsors3kq.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Interesting, wouldn't the button stance have something to do on the man's size as well? Just a thought. It's also good to keep in mind that waist of the pants should be at the same place as the functioning button on any type of coat.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld