Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
Nice 'stache!

Time for nick-pitting. The sleeves on that jacket could be shortened a little. I also think a brown hat of some sort (fedora or otherwise) would go better with that pattern and colour of suit. But you look confident, and that's what's most important. :)

I am lucky I found an OTR suit to fit me at all - two hours after picking it out I was on stage.

As for hats, I only took three on my 'round the world tour - a blue fedora, a visored cap with puggaree, and a straw panama (actually a balibuntal).

It was darn near 100 degrees fahrenheit, so the fedora was out! I did bring along my black and white spectators, which I wore as well.

Greg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Here I am in my newest vintage suit at the Father Daughter Valentine Day Dance. I'll try to post some photos of me standing later.
DSC_0010s2.jpg

WEEGEE

Practically Family
To remember

J. M. Stovall,

What a moment. You must have had the time to remember. I am sure your daughter was proud to be with the best dressed guy at the dance. The
suit looks great!!!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Very nice J.M.!!!

Anyways, here I have a new suit...I'm not sure what to make of it though. I can't tell what era it came from...There's no label other than the maker's label to clue me in...I'll put up some pics and hopefully you guys can weigh in on it...

I just haven't seen a suit like this before. It has a 6x2 closure but unlike the other suits I have, only one side has two button holes and the other has only one for the fastening button. Also, the pants have the typical wide cuff, but they also have a button fly, crescent pocket flaps on the back, and an extra pocket above the front pockets. They also have side fasteners as opposed to belt loops... What do you guys think?

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Your suit is German (from Bremerhaven). Just as a guess, I'd say early 1950s. I'd tell you the maker's name but I can't read that crazy German script any more than you probably can.

That "extra pocket" in the trouser waist is a watch pocket (Uhrentasche).

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Thank you very much! I love the detailing on that suit...It doesn't seem to have as much waist suppression as american suits of that period...Was that the norm?

I also have a few other vintage finds that I could post up should anyone be interested...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
1930s, undoubtedly.
You'd think so from the tailoring - but what are the chances of prewar stuff surviving the wartime shortages? That's why I thought postwar.

Reine Wolle, btw, means pure wool. Another hint at a postwar origin, methinks. No cellulose or other phony constituents was a selling point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken