Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very handsome dinerman...

You look terrific on this suit and fedora, shoes too.

Dinerman said:
IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705-1.jpg

IMG_3706-1.jpg

IMG_3707-2.jpg

Probably 20s. Maybe early 30s maybe teens? German SB. It has silk covered buttons, lending a rather formal air for such a casually cut suit. The most recent suit i saw like this was dated 1928. This one here is undated. No labels or markings anywhere. This is made of the most amazing felted wool. Almost velvety t the touch, but with a distinct nap. God, i hate photographing black garments …

BlackGermanSB1.JPG

Flat front trousers with external suspender buttons.

BlackGermanSB4.JPG

Very fancy rear to the trousers …

BlackGermanSB5.JPG

I love the buttock pocket treatment:

BlackGermanSB12.JPG

All suspender and fly buttons are thusly marked:

BlackGermanSB14.JPG

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
This is made of the most amazing felted wool. Almost velvety t the touch, but with a distinct nap.

Yep. It's the same kind of wool that was used for European and American men's black suits, frock coats, waistcoats, etc., from the early 19th century to the beginning of the 20th. The Germans just kept producing the stuff.

I used to find similar German suits and trousers in Chilean used clothing shops. I should have bought more of them!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Maguire said:
i won this suit on ebay for 2 DOLLARS. TWO DOLLARS.
I came here to brag about this Tom English Studio 3-piece wool blend in black with a yellow weave. The pics here are from the seller and seriously don't do it justice. It fits me to a "T" so no extra money needed for tailoring, and I grabbed it for a mere fifteen simoleons... and then I see the post by Maguire. Well done, mate.

3-1.jpg
3-2.jpg

I’ll get better pics when I wear it. The yellow is very subtle so I think a black tie to show the contrast and a yellow or mustard shirt to bring out the weave will work. I wish I had a nice yellow or gold pocket square to set it off. Hmm… maybe I’ll go shopping today.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
Interestingly, all the ones i've seen on French suits of the era are marked "For Gentlemen", wth the same 3 stars. [huh]

bk

Do they say for gentlemen, or the equivilant in french. I have seen buttons that are similar pants pocket or suspender style, and they say a french last name. Can't remember what maybe dupont or something like that. I assumed they were french, but don't really know.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
sizing on this is...

The tag on your last pic says 31.3. 38. Am I correct in this being a 38 in the coat and a 31 waist size then?? Please PM me with all the measurements.

Baron Kurtz said:
Here's the large 1938 dated one i've unsuccessfully been trying to sell. It'll be on eBay soon, along with the German one above …

HarrisonMartin1.jpg
HarrisonMartin3.jpg

Excellent stripework on the back seam:

HarrisonMartin2.jpg
HarrisonMartin4.jpg

More nice stripe matching on the rear seam of the trousers:

HarrisonMartin6.jpg
HarrisonMartin7.jpg

HarrisonMartin8.jpg

HarrisonMartin9.jpg

Working cuff buttons:

HarrisonMartin13.jpg

HarrisonMartin14.jpg

bk

chanteuseCarey said:
The tag on your last pic says 31.3. 38. Am I correct in this being a 38 in the coat and a 31 waist size then?? Please PM me with all the measurements.

Ha ha, No: 31st March, 1938 … And given the tailor, the customer was likely an actual Esquire.

It's about 40 chest, 40 waist. And for about a man about 6 feet tall.

Should anyone be interested, i'm giving it away at the price:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=39698

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe