Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
And resortes, ever the hipster! At what event were those photos taken? Anymore details on the jacket?

Viva Las Vegas.

Here's some pics.
P5270016.jpg

P5270017.jpg

P5270021.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
Wonderful cut and fit on your suit, Dinerman! I think it's my favorite! :eusa_clap

Thanks, Marc, Baron. There's still some work to be done before it's truly wearable, but I wanted to get some shots up of it.

The pants pockets are worn through, so I need to patch them. Waistband lining needs to be re-stitched. There's a two inch rip in the inside of the leg that needs to be back-patched and stitched up. It's on the inside of the leg, and it's a tear, not a hole, so it shouldn't show too much. I need to find another button for the front, one is missing, one more suspender button, and I've already stitched up the breast pocket. Someone loved this suit, it shows, so I was able to get it cheaply. I also have a hard time finding suits with a long enough inseam. I take a 34" to 36", which are few and far between, so I jumped on this one.

At some point the owner cut out the bottoms of the pants pockets and using different fabric extended them down another four inches or so, so now the pockets are extra deep. I wonder why? Extra storage?

And Baron, regarding the shoes, I agree, the color doesn't compliment the blue, but these were close at hand when I put it on for the photos.

Cool, sounds like a nice project suit.

I would take the non-closing front right button (the bottom right) and put it where the one is missing. And then make the replacement button the one at the bottom right - less visible there if, as is likely, you don't get an exact match. Tears are pretty easy to repair so that should work out fine. A rare suit, in that size …

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe