Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
slicedbread said:
Just received what is perhaps the jacket of my dreams...Forgive the poor-ish pictures but I just have to brag

Website's pictures:

rjd6197a.jpg

This is a thing of beauty--I especially love the color; really nice.

Jovan

Suspended
Lee M Roberts said:
Here's my latest purchase. Ok its not really vintage and I dont wear it too well but it was a Christian Dior suit for £8 at a local charity shop I could'nt argue ;)

Its actually a grey pinstripe until I overdid the effects ;)

MyPicture-1.jpg
Vintage Dior? New Dior doesn't make anything nearly that cool anymore, unfortunately. Nice moustache!

Lee M Roberts

Familiar Face
Jovan said:
Vintage Dior? New Dior doesn't make anything nearly that cool anymore, unfortunately. Nice moustache!

Quite, the chap knew how to make some fantastic designs. But alas as with anything else big business overtakes creativity in the big bad world once he 'moved on'. Only my opinion. Nevertheless couldnt fault it for £8.

Marty M.

Vendor
Beautiful.

imoldfashioned said:
slicedbread said:
Just received what is perhaps the jacket of my dreams...Forgive the poor-ish pictures but I just have to brag

Website's pictures:

rjd6197a.jpg

This is a thing of beauty--I especially love the color; really nice.

That is a very pretty sport coat. I love the pocket detail. Can't wait to see the posted pic (hint) of you wearing it.
Marty Mathis

Antje

One Too Many
Lee M Roberts said:
Here's my latest purchase. Ok its not really vintage and I dont wear it too well but it was a Christian Dior suit for £8 at a local charity shop I could'nt argue ;)

Its actually a grey pinstripe until I overdid the effects ;)

MyPicture-1.jpg

Nice suit,
looks good on ya

Feraud

Bartender
Just picked up this 2 piece suit by Shaw Ross.
DSC03486.jpg

The only problem is the former owner had one arm shorter than the other. The left sleeve is a good three inches shorter than the right. I hope a tailor can correct this.
DSC03483a.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
The left sleeve is a good three inches shorter than the right. I hope a tailor can correct this.
That's an extremely problematic fix; a long-shot at best, I'm afraid :(

Feraud

Bartender
Tomasso said:
That's an extremely problematic fix; a long-shot at best, I'm afraid :(
I agree. It is too bad because the suit is in excellent condition.
I wonder if the material is folded up into the cuff when it is altered? If there is an inch or two in the short cuff I can have the longer one taken up to balance it out. If only..

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Just picked up this 2 piece suit by Shaw Ross.
DSC03486.jpg

The only problem is the former owner had one arm shorter than the other. The left sleeve is a good three inches shorter than the right. I hope a tailor can correct this.
DSC03483a.jpg

With any luck, the tailor thought ahead and did not cut the fabric. If it has been cut, then hopefully there is at least enough to make it long enough. If the other sleeve is too long, then maybe you won't have to let the one down that much.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's not just that those suits look great, Ray, but that few men could wear them with such natural flair. The grey SBPL is soooo sharp!

It's torture seeing such a great suit in that shape, Feraud. here's Hoping the arm length is correctable, that look totally suits you (no pun).

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Those are some sharp suits Rover. They are all good fits? I know how hard that can be.

Where from? The local shops, e-bay. Some secret stash you are keeping from us all?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
All are from eBay and I paid too much for 2 of them unfortunately...but I realized that I have so little from my favorite menswear era, as a lot of my stuff is later 40s and early 50s, so I uh.....prioritized.

Rooster

Practically Family
Mr. Rover said:
All are from eBay and I paid too much for 2 of them unfortunately...but I realized that I have so little from my favorite menswear era, as a lot of my stuff is later 40s and early 50s, so I uh.....prioritized.
Oh hell, it's only money. A sharp kid like you can always make more.;) Besides, these old suits are all gonna get bought up in a few years and you won't even be able to find them, let alone buy them.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple jackets I got recently.

Ralph Lauren belted back sports jacket from Goodwill. Sleeves are just a tad short but not bad.
DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

This jacket looks to be from the 1970s. Made of wool, fits me nicely. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has double vents, but oh well.
Also from Goodwill.
DSCF1304.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe