Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Travis

Suspended
Rooster said:
Here's one of the suits I recently snagged at the goodwill store. I got 5 of them for $30. Three of them are Brooks Bros. This is one of the Brooks bros. This is in a black,grey, white glenplaid with a light blue stipe running through it. Old 40's tie, one of my fav's.
glenplaid.jpg
[/IMG]

Yet another fabulous find Rooster!:eusa_clap

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
GrangerGangster said:
Going back to talk of morning dress and the stroller look, I wanted to comment on the white pique slip waistcoat that is visible in some of the vintage catalog illustrations. I think it is a very elegant and neat look, and I wondered if anyone knew if they are still made or if they can be found anywhere, just out of curiosity.

John

Only bespoke, I think, sadly. HRH the Prince of Wales wears them, as you probably know, along with dignitaries such as the Lord Lieutenant of Durham, and me.

Here's mine, by the way:

http://uk.geocities.com/anthony_hugh_jordan/the_slipped_waistcoat.html

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Just received the cream 3pc in a couple of days ago...

I'm thinking that the jacket is a little small on me??

DSCF1289.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg

And without the vest:

DSCF1292.jpg

And the hat?? I got it from Silvereed...Thank you!!

DSCF1293.jpg

And finally, something else that just caught my eye...

DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1288.jpg

Guess the era??

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
slicedbread said:
I'm thinking that the jacket is a little small on me??

Looks a tad tight - if you don't stand at attention, do you feel like unbuttoning?

slicedbread said:

Never mind the tight jacket, or that we might never learn what the hat's crown looks like - that combination of you, hat, shirt and jacket looks simply perfect. Man, if it doesn't fit, leave it open or go on a diet!

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
The juxtaposition of those two jackets is perfect. You see how the 1970s one gets most of the details spot on, but the lapels are just that bit too wide to be a perfect reproduction.

bk

Correct me, but to me, the pockets look too large or something, and the trouser legs bellow out.

Rooster

Practically Family
They look great to me SB. Iwould wear them with a fit like that. I'd have to have the bells taken out of those blue pants before I was seen in public!

Rooster

Practically Family
Thanks Baron. But, because of your and others influence, I much prefer the fit and feel of my vintage suits!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Thanks for all the comments guys!

About the fit of the jacket, it's a very very slim fit...It looks GREAT while I'm standing up, but if I slouch at all while sitting, I must unbutton...Not to mention the fact that I'm constantly afraid of scuffing it...I don't like the idea of my clothes wearing me so I'm not sure how much wear this suit is going to get. Also, I believe I'm a size 36s and it's marked 35s...

Baron Kurtz said:
The juxtaposition of those two jackets is perfect. You see how the 1970s one gets most of the details spot on, but the lapels are just that bit too wide to be a perfect reproduction.

bk

I posted up that suit to see if anyone would catch it...You know your stuff very well...I've gotta hand it to you. Bravo!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Mr. Rover said:
If you ever feel like trading or selling it...keep me in mind ;)
The 70s jacket is nice too. Wear t in good health- is it all wool?
Will do Rover, will do! And yes, the 70's is all wool...I really like it! Got it for a song at 33 + tax...

benstephens

Practically Family
Now I have access to a camera again, here is another suit.

This one is a very unusual Blue Grey with a blue pin stripe running through it. It has the widest "watch" pocket on the trousers I have ever seen!

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe