Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

scotrace said:
I've picked up something quite extraordinary. Pictures as soon as I can arrange it.

Let's see it then. If you're not wearing it today i would be very surprised :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Technonut, nice suit and great, great fabric. There seem to be some serious collar issues, however (lifting away all around the neck). Maybe it's due to the stance you're taking? Are you consciously pushing your chest forward/shoulders back in these images?

bk

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Technonut...splendid looking suit!! :)

I'm after a 3 pc DB Late 30's/early 40's suit (I produced an earlier thread on the woes of 'just' being pipped to the post on Mister Bay's).[huh]

And that 3 piecer is lovely on you. Try tippng the hat forward more and slightly angled (hey, what do I know!![huh] :D ) and see what that looks like ;)

Overall I just KNOW you have a winner there, you'll be beating them off you (men & women!!) when you 'go public' clad in that armourial suit!!! Arise Sir Technonut, a Knight of the classically dressed Fedora table!;)

Technonut

Practically Family
Technonut, nice suit and great, great fabric. There seem to be some serious collar issues, however (lifting away all around the neck). Maybe it's due to the stance you're taking? Are you consciously pushing your chest forward/shoulders back in these images?

Must have been how I was standing..... :eek: Here is another... ;)

DBVestfxd017.jpg

Overall I just KNOW you have a winner there, you'll be beating them off you (men & women!!) when you 'go public' clad in that armourial suit!!! Arise Sir Technonut, a Knight of the classically dressed Fedora table!

Thanks PADDY ! :)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Technonut said:
I picked up this VERY nice DB vested wool suit made in Oct. 1945 from eBay. Those who watched the auction know that I paid a sizable amount for the suit, but the large size, quality, and fit, made it worth every penny to me... ;)

DBVest008.jpg

DBVest015.jpg

DBVest004.jpg

DBVest013.jpg

I got one recently and had the same result. That is one sharp suit. With the 5 o'clock shadow you look like a hard bitten 1940s journo cracking a big scoop!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Technonut said:
Must have been how I was standing..... :eek: Here is another... ;)

DBVestfxd017.jpg

Thanks PADDY ! :)

The beauty of that suit is the unquestionable fit. That's what tailors today need to have on display. No wierd extra material causing an odd drape. the lapels are fantastic. The Vest and trousers are fantastic.
It's just a plain old good looking grey suit.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
for the young man who asked about my jacket in the French House on Dean street, Soho, tuesday, and said he was a FL viewer (though i've forgotten his name) here is a better look at it:

linenSBbeltback.jpg

(not my photos) linen NRA label. i have the trousers too (i was only wearing the jacket). will try and take photos of me in it soon.

Travis

Suspended
herringbonekid said:
for the young man who asked about my jacket in the French House on Dean street, Soho, tuesday, and said he was a FL viewer (though i've forgotten his name) here is a better look at it:

linenSBbeltback.jpg

(not my photos) linen NRA label. i have the trousers too (i was only wearing the jacket). will try and take photos of me in it soon.

Oh my HBK. That is quite fabulous. I want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe