Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Grace

Vendor
Here's that 40s Lord & Taylor coat I mentioned a few months ago. I finally picked it up today. Isn't she lovely?? I understand if you all hate me. ;)

DSCN5458.jpg

DSCN5459.jpg

DSCN5462.jpg

DSCN5463.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
In spite of generally following guidelines to keep delicate items out of sunlight, it was *very* bright today on the balcony, so I donned the 1920s horsehair capeline trimmed with velvet flowers today (although it still needs a wee bit of re-shaping, we're working on it):
Capeline.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well girls, this is what I really wanted, but I'm just not in any position to spend that much right now, even tho it was VERY worth it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130084868935&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

Amber that dress is GREAT! I picture something floral for Easter for a hat.

Sari, I LOVE that dress, it is SO my style! Good choice!

Ok Grace, so I'm green with envy. :D

Bella, can't wait to see that dress on you, very cute!

Mojito, you look stunning. What a fabulous hat. I don't think it would be quite right on anyone else! The colors remind me much of Negrin's floral designs. I'm still pining for one of her peices!

Nikki

Mojito

One Too Many
Wow, Nikki - that dress is so pretty and fresh! The next thing that struck me was the texture - and that was before I read the "textured cotton" tag and descrption. Looks as close to mint condition as you can get.

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right - the densely juxtaposed flowers do look a bit Michal Negrin...I'll have to wear the hat with some very simple 20's white lace and a very intricate Negrin floral necklace!

There's some very pretty green in this thread - I had a work colleague bring in a 1950s green tartan evening dress she's thinking about putting on the market the other day. There's something rather lovely about green checks!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
ohairas, that dress is just about the sweetest I've ever seen! And the color! Oh, it's absolutely lovely! :eusa_clap

Miss Bella Hell, I love both those items, but that dress set is just WONDERFUL! :)

Shearer

Practically Family
40s black crepe

This was sitting in my watch list for a few weeks and no one bought it. The buy out price was so ridiculously low I figure even if it has a horrific defect on it (which I can't see in any of the pics, and it's listed as excellent) it would be worth the risk.

40screpe.jpg

drape.jpg

I had to have it for that drape on the side :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
great patterns, ladyday and jenni! jenni, i think i have the same pattern for the scalloped-neck dress, but from a different year. the illustration is a bit different, but i think the dress is the same! haven't made it though.

i was wondering, would anyone be interested in a thread dedicated to thrifted bargains? could be fun for those of us who will scrounge for hours, just for the "thrill of the hunt"! doesn't necessarily have to be in the powder room either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe