Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
hotrod_elf said:
"Today I went to the Remix store and wasn't really planning on buying anything, but once I started looking at all of the shoes I couldn't help myself. Plus, the guy working there (probably the owner?) gave me a fabulous deal I couldn't resist. He took $40 off the price tag if I paid in cash, cos I was a college student! He's such a nice guy.

Anyway, I bought the "Gloria" wedgies in navy blue and white (the ones shown are black & white):

blackwhitegloria.JPG

They were expensive but worth it! The bow is removeable so it's like a 2 for 1 shoe!

PT: Can you go get those for me. They are perfect, excatly what I'm looking for. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!! How come they are not the website?[/QUOTE]

I actually found them on the site right here: http://remixvintageshoes.com/index5.html. They under "Gloria". They do have more colors in the store than listed on the website, but I'm sure if you email and ask they can provide them for you! I could probably go and get them for you sometime at the store if you would like, but finals are coming up so I couldn't really do it until April (when I come home from spring break)! Let me know if that helps!

Liz

I bought a pair of the Gloria wedges a couple of months ago and love them! They are super-comfy and very cute. I agree with Pigeon Toe -- they are definitely worth the money.

Grace, I love those two dresses, especially the lime print halter! It's adorable.

Mojito

One Too Many
Shearer said:
Mojito, as a purse obsessionist, I congratulate you on your find, but it's your bronze sculpture that's got me in a tizzy! :eek:
It's beautiful! There's just something about the pose and the way the clothes are draping and flowing that is just gorgeous!
Before I read your post, I thought you were showing off your bronze.
I love it, it's just lovely.
Thank you! She is pretty, isn't she? One of the best repros of a Chiparus bronze I've seen - and one of the few I actually prefer as a complete bronze rather than the original Chryselaphantine version. I won her at a Sydney auction a little while back, and she has a very tactile feel - people love to run a fingertip across the flared skirt. Known as either "The Hindu Dancer" or "Danseuse Arabe".

More great shoes...and Grace, the lime print dress is luscious! I love the halter neck, and the idea of limes...just makes me think of cool Caiprioskas or Mojitos in summer!

G

GoldLeaf

Miss Neecerie said:
Its really all I have bought lately.

Whoa, how cool! I LOVE it! Stoves were much cooler looking. I like being able to hide the burners. Serves as another surface too, if you have a small kitchen. Excellent purchase!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
GoldLeaf said:
Whoa, how cool! I LOVE it! Stoves were much cooler looking. I like being able to hide the burners. Serves as another surface too, if you have a small kitchen. Excellent purchase!

I have absolutely -zero- usable countertop, which was one of the reasons why I went with this one, as if i am not cooking at all, I gain both sides worth of counter, and if i am sauteeing, I still gain one side worth.

My only counters are about 6 inches long each, they are both -under- the overhanging cuboards......so really only usable for storage and not cutting or anything else.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
dcp12895.jpg

Two pairs of FF Stretch seamed stockings. Hopefully the stretch will cure the problem I have of annoyingly baggy knees and ankles.

vintagepatternsfeb07jean007.jpg

1940's pattern for a slip. It'll be my first sewing project! It's only 2 pieces so hopefully I'll survive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe