Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
I spent 5 nights in a perfect house on the Oregon Coast with my mother and sister, who live several states away and I see far too infrequently.

The sand CD was my hat of choice for the trip because, well... it is replaceable. It is WINDY on the Oregon Coast. (The CD made it home.)
IMG_2024-05-15-06-53-17-918.jpg
IMG_2024-05-15-11-53-01-524.jpg
IMG_2024-05-15-14-27-04-723.jpg
IMG_20240517_200357.jpg
442417081_10229450154105724_8990920913717398136_n.jpg

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I spent 5 nights in a perfect house on the Oregon Coast with my mother and sister, who live several states away and I see far too infrequently.

The sand CD was my hat of choice for the trip because, well... it is replaceable. It is WINDY on the Oregon Coast. (The CD made it home.) View attachment 615847 View attachment 615848 View attachment 615849 View attachment 615850 View attachment 615851
I love the Oregon coast! Just a few hours from me. I think I have pictures near that lighthouse too.

Another hot day with the heat index running 105-107* called for a hemp OR, & a short outing to check for possible Missouri River flooding going into the 4th of July holiday. With all the rain up north the potential for flooding looms heading into the holiday weekend. The river here is just below moderate flooding levels. I have used this boat ramp in the past & can attest that at a 33% grade it normally extends ~50 ft further down to the water. The river isn’t expected to crest until Fri morning at what is considered moderate flooding levels.

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I've been off the forum for a few weeks, 8 days of that was spent on a road trip with my son. We took my 65 Mustang on Big Sky Race Week, where you road trip your "race car" about 1,000 miles around Montana to 5 drag strips turning in times which are averaged to select a winner in different classes. We drove about 3,000 miles in total back and forth to Montana and on the race route. I placed 13th out of 20 cars in the stick shift class. I took my Shudde Bros 3X along for the trip.
20240616_122018.jpg
20240617_125941.jpg
20240617_120945.jpg
20240618_140848.jpg
20240618_155710.jpg
20240622_192423.jpg

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
I've been off the forum for a few weeks, 8 days of that was spent on a road trip with my son. We took my 65 Mustang on Big Sky Race Week, where you road trip your "race car" about 1,000 miles around Montana to 5 drag strips turning in times which are averaged to select a winner in different classes. We drove about 3,000 miles in total back and forth to Montana and on the race route. I placed 13th out of 20 cars in the stick shift class. I took my Shudde Bros 3X along for the trip.
View attachment 624704 View attachment 624705 View attachment 624706 View attachment 624707 View attachment 624708 View attachment 624710
Fantastic—he’ll remember that forever!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The wife and I recently celebrated our 10-yr anniversary a little early (Oct) by going back to Hawai'i. For our honeymoon we went to Kauai, but this time she wanted to go to the Big Island. I'm not much for taking pictures while on vacation as I'd rather enjoy it rather than spending it behind a camera, so pics are courtesy of my wife.

After much deliberation about which hat to bring I ended up taking a Borsalino milan, but I swapped out the pug for something more appropriate before leaving. Rainbow Falls near Hilo:
IMG_2493.jpg

Due to the sun and wind, however, I wore a cap with with extra neck and facial protection for the majority of the days. Hiking through a cloud forest in the Honua'ula Forest Reserve near Kona and the Kilauea Iki trail across a hardened caldera in Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park:
IMG_2464.jpg
IMG_2579.jpg

Kids these days won't understand:
IMG_2801.jpg

A highlight for me was ascending Mauna Kea (~13,800 ft) for sunset and stargazing. Kind of a trip going from 90F and 80% RH on the coast to freezing and < 10% RH:
IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2891.jpg
20240717_190639.jpg
0fdd-1lx9-aujw6-qf.jpg

Borsalino is back for sunset at the Old Kona Airport Recreation Area:
IMG_2453.jpg

Little did we know that the return home would end up being a trip in itself thanks to the Delta/CrowdStrike outage. Slept in three different airports in three nights after being delayed/cancelled/stranded multiple times, drove 500+ miles to get home, and then had to wait a few more days for our luggage to be forwarded to our local airport:
Untitled design.png

On the plus side, after many hours on the phone I ended up getting a full refund on the plane tickets!

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
The wife and I recently celebrated our 10-yr anniversary a little early (Oct) by going back to Hawai'i. For our honeymoon we went to Kauai, but this time she wanted to go to the Big Island. I'm not much for taking pictures while on vacation as I'd rather enjoy it rather than spending it behind a camera, so pics are courtesy of my wife.

After much deliberation about which hat to bring I ended up taking a Borsalino milan, but I swapped out the pug for something more appropriate before leaving. Rainbow Falls near Hilo:
View attachment 630834

Due to the sun and wind, however, I wore a cap with with extra neck and facial protection for the majority of the days. Hiking through a cloud forest in the Honua'ula Forest Reserve near Kona and the Kilauea Iki trail across a hardened caldera in Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park:
View attachment 630833 View attachment 630835

View attachment 630836

A highlight for me was ascending Mauna Kea (~13,800 ft) for sunset and stargazing. Kind of a trip going from 90F and 80% RH on the coast to freezing and < 10% RH:
View attachment 630837 View attachment 630838 View attachment 630843 View attachment 630840

View attachment 630832

Little did we know that the return home would end up being a trip in itself thanks to the Delta/CrowdStrike outage. Slept in three different airports in three nights after being delayed/cancelled/stranded multiple times, drove 500+ miles to get home, and then had to wait a few more days for our luggage to be forwarded to our local airport:
View attachment 630839

On the plus side, after many hours on the phone I ended up getting a full refund on the plane tickets!
Congratulations Jonathan. Looks like you had a great trip. Tough going on the way home, but a full refund is pretty good consolation. Etsuko asked me to pass on her congratulations, too. She’s so appreciative of how you helped us with those pugs.

View attachment 630834

View attachment 630833 View attachment 630835

View attachment 630836

View attachment 630837 View attachment 630838 View attachment 630843 View attachment 630840

View attachment 630832

View attachment 630839

What a wonderful trip! Sorry it got knocked a bit sideways with the Planes Trains and Automobiles routine on the return home

IMG_6791.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations Jonathan. Looks like you had a great trip. Tough going on the way home, but a full refund is pretty good consolation. Etsuko asked me to pass on her congratulations, too. She’s so appreciative of how you helped us with those pugs.
Thanks, Gary! I know you're a foodie but we didn't take any pictures of our dining. If you find yourself in Hawaii, however, I recommend the Kalua pork and loco moco.

Glad those pugs are working out. Please give my regards and thanks to Etsuko as well!

What a wonderful trip! Sorry it got knocked a bit sideways with the Planes Trains and Automobiles routine on the return home

View attachment 630954
Thanks, Joe! The trip was great, the return not so much. I felt bad for the front line workers at the customer service desks. Delta literally had one agent working per desk and the lines were snaked back through the terminal. After the third day they started putting out chairs and handing out bottles of water for people waiting in line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld