Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Not far afield, in the suburbs having dinner with visiting artist Douglas Fitch and friends. Doug enjoyed my hat collection - he also wears the same size. Here he is channelling his inner Joseph Cotton in my Knox Twenty.

dougfitch.jpg

Some of you might find Buffalo on tonight's news. The band of lake effect snow hugging a knife edge line just south of downtown is quite a storm. The band begins about a mile south of my home and extending south through the traditional snow belt. Unlike most lake effect storms, it has not moved, leaving incredible snowfall totals in the most intense regions.

I stopped to take a picture in the post office parking lot. The panorama distorts the edge of the cloud, which is very linear. The other photos were gleaned from friends, showing the good spirit that western NYers adopt when dealing with the ups and downs of our storied winter weather.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

That video is great... it shows the upward convection that makes lake effect snow. Dan, good thought. Maybe I will pull out a 5" brim today and see how it holds up under the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82