Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
snow3.jpg

That is one of the funnest pics I have ever seen!

Finding an exterior door like that would be discouraging, to say the least. Never realized I was claustrophobic until now... Wow.

What kinds of records have been broken?

The heavy snow was mostly in the towns to the south and east of Buffalo. This is traditional with lake effect snow, but Buffalo always gets the rap. 60+" of snow in 24 hours is unprecedented. Another round of lake effect snow is due to form tonight through early Friday. Will keep you posted.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
WOW! Even in my Country's higher mountain, it takes days to have so much snow!!
I also saw on the news that Buffalo had a heavy snow fall but this is too much!!

Mystic

Practically Family
Here is a photo published by ABC News from West Seneca. This is about six miles from my house, which has received 6 inches of snow so far.

westseneca.jpg

I'm guessing Global Warming is not a big topic of conversation around your neck of the woods these days.

What a mess this is gonna be when it does melt. shakeshead

...What a mess this is gonna be when it does melt. shakeshead
The weekend melt (it will approach 60) and the possibility for structural damage is a major concern.
They commented on this on the news earlier today during a report on the amount of snow that fell on Buffalo (New York), saying something to the effect of, "You can bet flash flood warnings will go into effect once all of this snow starts to melt."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82