Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brim Up or down

LesterTWeb

New in Town
Hi all. What’s the score with brim up or down on fedoras? I have two 1940s stetsons which is feels almost sacrilege to wear brim up but my new Stetson I can’t decide.
IMG_2455.jpeg
IMG_2456.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Far be it for me to tell anyone how to wear a hat or hat brim, but if you want some advice hat maker, Bellissimo, suggests the following:

We have written extensively on how to wear a fedora hat, but the style of your fedora plays a key role in how it is meant to be worn. This is true for both men and women. While your hair length, clothing, accessories, and environment should all be considered when positioning your hat, flat brim fedoras generally have three correct positions to use based on your personal preferences: flat, inclined, and canted.

You can read their suggestions in full:
https://bellissimohats.com/blogs/re...sible,environments, both indoors and outdoors.

Hi all. What’s the score with brim up or down on fedoras? I have two 1940s stetsons which is feels almost sacrilege to wear brim up but my new Stetson I can’t decide. View attachment 644917 View attachment 644918
No rules, or at least you get to make them. Wear the hat as it suits your mood. Sometimes up, sometimes down......it all depends on my mood, and time/place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalterKrieg72